4 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Manufacturing Services Engineer to join our team in Trentham.
As a Manufacturing Services Engineer you will provide support to the Manufacturing Services Leader to ensure the organisation's objectives and goals are delivered. Take responsibility for coordinating, at plant or cell level, the Manufacturing Services organisations service lines, ensuring that all aspects of external Service Provider partnerships and in-house service lines are delivered and monitored in line with business requirements. The role will be based in Trentham.
We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and active collaboration, we're putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry - and we keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world; we're keeping the world flying.
At Rolls-Royce, innovation is in our DNA. We pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions across multiple markets. We embrace the power of data and technology and we aim to be Digital First in everything we do.
* Coordinate designated aspects of external Service Provider partnerships and/or in-house service lines, delivered by Manufacturing Services, in line with business requirements and company standards.
* Other general support duties, analysis of OEM and Contractor spend, identify cost reductions and improvements. Analysis of machine tool reliability and identify improvements.
* Take the lead for Fixture Care, developing the service to the business and ensuring that the Fixture Care service providers are monitored against agreed performance levels.
* Performance Review and escalation Develop and implement Energy Management plans, strategies and initiatives for Manufacturing Services at cell and plant level. Identify the energy saving initiatives, driving implementation and reporting improvements.
* Manage the Calibration requirements of the business and oversee the Calibration Service Provider monitoring performance against implemented Service Level Agreements.
* Inspection coordinator for the site, inspection visits, maintenance of SWIFT and close out of actions Interface with the Fluid Management Service Provider at cell and plant level ensuring that the required service levels are achieved Meetings and metrics to manage procurement of oils and fluids.
* Level 3 NVQ or City & Guilds qualified or recognised maintenance apprenticeship or equivalent experience.
* Has had experience in functional support groups and have a proven track record of delivering business results.
* Strong communication skills and taking the responsibility for their own development.
* A strong track record of negotiation and cooperation with external service providers.
We offer excellent opportunities to develop, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer the next generation of innovation. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its brilliance.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Closing Date: 23rd of January 2019
16 Jan 2019; 00:01