18 days ago
REQ ID: 59122
JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Research Technology Process Engineer
POSTING END DATE: 27.07.2021
LOCATION: Gaydon/ Coventry
An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world’s most iconic brands. Jaguar Land Rover is revered across the globe. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The primary purpose of these roles is to work on number of research projects in the fields of Manufacturing Engineering which includes engines batteries and drives, BiW, Paint and T&F.
These roles will contribute to the development of new technologies and features from ‘Concept Ready’ to ‘Implementation Ready’, where it is then handed over to the mainstream Engineering functions. The MRTD function focus on key research themes; Parts/Materials, Logistics, CAPEX, People, Process/Methods, Parts/Materials, Energy/Environment. Typical research areas for engines batteries and drives are electric machine, compact EDU, rotor and stator, batteries, electrification, laser welding. Typical research areas for BiW, Paint and T&F are, New materials, Vehicle light-weighting, Process improvements, Digitisation, Industry 4.0, Complexity reduction / CPU reduction, Exploitation of next generation vehicle features, Alternative Paint technologies, Energy reduction, Additive Manufacture, Industry Scanning. These roles will involve collaborative research with key leading UK universities and external partners.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Delivery of relevant research technologies and associated projects to ensure robust processes are achieved on time and to Project Scope.
* Develop implementation/activity plans for all research technologies to ensure robust processes are achieved on time and to EProject Scope.
* Work with cross function and operational teams to ensure objectives and activity plans are captured in the overall project plans
* Contribute to the resolution of key technical and strategic challenges
* Develop early demonstrations prior to final Proof-of-Concept stage
* Work on the required technologies and features suitable for the future
* Assist in the development of Proof-of-Concept technologies with support from key suppliers
* Provide assistance and support in recording all data to ensure adherence to relevant procedures
* Work on the identification of the project roadmaps and work on assigned strategic University Research
* Co-ordinate projects towards the development of required technologies and features via the InForm process
* Provide technical support on projects when handing over to mainstream engineering
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
* File patent applications in order to protect new and innovative ideas
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
You’ll have relevant experience of Manufacturing / Engineering processes, tools and techniques, including research. You’ll have demonstrable experience of creating detailed and effective action plans. Its essential you’ll have demonstrable experience in innovation, as this will be a key technical requirement for the role and will be discussed at depth in interview. You’ll have previous experience in a research role in an engineering or automotive environment. You’ll have a customer first mindset and be easy to do business with. You’ll make people feel special, and be driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.
At Jaguar Land Rover, we are passionate about our people. They are at the heart of our business. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive culture that is representative of our global customers and the society in which we live; a culture in which every one of our employees can bring their authentic self to work, and reach their full potential.
FIND OUT MORE
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Find out what to expect at each stage of the process along with some hints and tips.
FIND OUT MORE
Find out more about working here in our JLR Life Blog:
FIND OUT MORE
WHAT WE OFFER
We look after our employees by offering a host of benefits and investing in their talent through award-winning training
FIND OUT MORE
Process Engineer, Research Engineer, Industrial, Engineering, Manufacturing, Research