about 1 year ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in Derby.
As Manufacturing Engineer you will play a role, critical to the delivery of the Current Class Restart and Next Gen programme.
You’ll ensure delivery of Manufacturing Engineering activities in support of a business, use the methods described in corporate process landscapes to programme manage, validate and/or execute tasks. You will also ensure that manufacturing processes are safe and capable of achieving and sustaining the design intent, required production rate, cost and quality and are delivered on time to the business.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
Our nuclear business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy's nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support.
* Develop, implement, validate, maintain and continuously improve manufacturing processes and/or methods of manufacture which are capable of meeting and continuing to meet requirements for safety, quality, cost, delivery rate and lead time
* Create, maintain and/or govern elements of the Technical Package which clearly define the manufacturing process and control them effectively along with Identify and develop opportunities for new or improved manufacturing processes and technologies to meet current or future requirements.
* Capture, analyse and use data to demonstrate and improve the current and future capability of manufacturing processes
* Work with interfacing teams, local experts, partners and suppliers to ensure technical aspects of manufacturing processes are understood and accounted for as required
* Manage and maintain the integrity of business related data in support of manufacturing processes
* Ensure manufacturing processes comply with all legal requirements and customer requirements and also Comply with Rolls-Royce management System and Supplier Management System Requirements ; ensure export control and intellectual property requirements are satisfied.
* Ideally, you are a professionally qualified engineer (e.g. UK minimum HND/foundation degree or other national equivalent) with a recognised national or international engineering accreditation (e.g. UK IEng or CEng ) or equivalent
* General understanding of manufacturing processes - in particular forming processes
* Knowledge or experience of the chemical pickling process
* General awareness of Manufacturing Systems and enabling software tools relevant to the business
* It would be advantageous if you have submarines manufacturing experience.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer an ocean of power. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This role is subject to full UK security clearance.
Closing Date: 31 January 2019
17 Jan 2019; 00:01