4 months ago
Company Boeing United Kingdom Limited
Job IDDate posted 12/19/2018
At Boeing Sheffield we engage the talent, pride and passion of people to be the leading supplier of flight critical, complex machined hardware to all of Boeing Commercial Airplanes for today and tomorrow.
Here at Boeing Sheffield, we celebrate a culture around the Boeing Production System — our unique way of transforming our lean Production System to align the site’s culture on safety, quality and continuous improvement. This culture engages our employees because their thoughts, ideas, and talents are valued. We are looking for teammates to join us that will be fully engaged and adaptable, will be team players and problem solvers, and will be excellent communicators.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to support the Fabrication Organization in Sheffield, England.
Responsibilities include the following:
* Independent manufacturing engineering position to create manufacturing plans for machined details and assemblies.
* Conceptualizes, designs and manages the architecture for product and product family build.
* Defines, develops and implements the manufacturing plan and represents the program as the primary manufacturing integrator throughout the: acquire, define, produce and support phases of the product life cycle.
* Integrated product team leader responsible for product from concept to completion including tool identification and problem solving.
* Production of supporting documentation for the machining of Boeing Sheffield components.
* Ability to define and implement inspection plans and write Quality assurance programs to measure final component geometry.
* Uses LEAN enterprise analysis methods and lean processes and tools. Interfaces with internal and external customers to implement program initiatives.
* The development, Implementation and daily use of a SAP for Boeing Sheffield – ERP system.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers.
Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
* Experience working as a manufacturing engineer
* Some Cad/Cam experience
* Motivated problem solver with experience using basic Microsoft and office computing systems
* Recognised Engineering Degree and/or significant industry related experience
* Experience of developing SAP or other ERP/MRP systems
* Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial engineering or engineering technology
* Experience creating manufacturing plans for machined details and assemblies
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Experience Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Standard
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award: No
Job Code: 6H6HX3