6 months ago
Role Title and Location: Manufacturing Engineer - Bolton
Job Ref No: P6989
Directorate: Operations – Engineering Support to Operations (ESTO)
Reports to: Principal Engineer
Salary: Up to £35k DOE + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
What’s the opportunity?
The ESTO organisation is responsible for the day to day support to the operations staff within the manufacturing facility. An opportunity has arisen in the development manufacturing line, for a support engineer who would be responsible for translating design requirements into user instructions including the development of the project manufacturing architecture.
What will you be doing?
Working with the Principal Engineer, you will be working in multi-functional teams, responsible for tooling control and manufacturing problem identification and resolution
Support existing manufacturing lines and new product introduction
Compilation and update of Manufacturing Instructions
Resolution of technical problems that may arise during the manufacturing process
Route card changes as a result or rework activities
Management of Configuration control by the embodiment of Design Modifications into the Manufacturing Instructions
Support to the Non Conformance Process using SAP
Manufacturing Cell Design and validation
What are the benefits for you?
* MBDA provides extensive on-the-job training and opportunities for development.
What’s great about joining this team?
* You will be working in a fast-paced, multi-functional operations team who strive for personal and professional excellence working on new product lines
Who and what we are looking for from you?
* Formal technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21 and formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering discipline plus substantial level of experience in a complex production environment.
* Competent and experienced manufacturing engineer, with a proven track record in supporting manufacturing operations
* Enthusiastic, proactive and adaptable individual able to deal with complex situations
* Good communication skills and the ability to convey requirements in both verbal and written media
* The ability to interpret Design Drawings with a view to producing Manufacturing Build Instructions for both skilled and semi-skilled operators
* Experience of Electronic Sub Assembly manufacture from PEC Assembly through to integration of Sub Assemblies into System Level Builds
* Experience and knowledge of the assembly process for small/miniature Electro-Mechanical Actuation Systems
* Proven problem solving ability
* Demonstrate a determination and persistence to deliver results despite obstacles and setbacks
What you will get
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.