11 months ago
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the Manufacturing Engineer (ME) for Assembly will be accountable for production engineering of new and existing aerostructure products whilst meeting all safety, regulatory, quality and cost criteria.
* Technically proficient within their discipline, ideally in the aerospace manufacturing industry.
* Able to facilitate all elements of manufacturing engineering such as process planning, tooling, inspection criteria / equipment and lean methodologies.
* Ensure processes contribute to a safe working environment and meet EHS requirements. Support/lead EHS projects.
* Support the quality function through integration of QC documentation and manufacturing methods Instructions.
* Identify and reduce product quality issues caused by process variation.
* Support root cause analysis and corrective actions for production issues.
* Define, enable and measure process capability.
* Support the tooling function, identify tooling needs and support tool design from concept through to final design.
* Conduct cost/benefit analysis for changes to processes and/or equipment.
* Utilise lean-manufacturing principles and participate/lead in action workouts to improve process capability, improve quality, reduce overall costs and increase capacity.
* Understand and liaise with customer to support both internal and external customers.
* Support New Technology Initiatives (NTI) and justify capital investment. Support NTI and equipment upgrades from purchase through to installation and commissioning. Share best practices with other GE locations.
* Support New Product Introduction (NPI) both from a Design for Manufacture perspective and implementation.
* Manage own performance against agreed goal and objectives, accountable for quality, on time delivery and budget.
* Prioritisation of own workload and project planning to support customer needs.
* Supporting training activities within the manufacturing environment.
* To participate in local and site wide initiatives.
* Sound working knowledge of manufacturing engineering process and methodologies for assembly operations as well as an understanding of composites and metal machining/fabrication, ideally in the aerospace industry.
* Prepared to travel within the UK and overseas to meet the customer and/or our suppliers.
* HNC/Bachelor's degree in an associated engineering discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience.
* Candidates must possess great attention to detail.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently.
* Strong problem solving skills.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Locations: United Kingdom; Eastleigh, Hampshire