9 months ago
Managing Quantity Surveyor (MQS)
Based Golborne, Wigan
You’ll be tasked with the management and delivery of Commercial Management Services for individual projects throughout the organisations portfolio. Specifically you will cover risk management for tenders along with review of outputs and rates for civils work. Reviewing terms and conditions as required, and enhancing efficiencies.
* Efficiently manage all commercial aspects of the Project and maintain regular liaison with all stakeholders
* Manage the recruitment and staffing structure/ utilisation for direct reports
* Assist in building a team, manage the development of personal plans, establishment of objectives/targets for all direct reports and monitor on an ongoing basis - maintain performance
* Identify, mitigate and manage risk & opportunities for the portfolio of work
What we’ll expect you can demonstrate:
* Chartered Quantity Surveyor (MRICS) or equivalent
* Significant professional experience as a Quantity Surveyor
* Commercially astute with substantially proven experience within a commercial role in the Construction Industry
* Excellent knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract and Standard Methods of Measurement
* Understanding of programming techniques and project controls
* Proven Management Skills
At Murphy, we believe our people are our greatest asset, which is why they are at the heart of our company and everything we do.
The diversity of individuals and skills we require is simply huge and we need a large workforce of varied skills to match the size and complexity of our projects.
With such a range of projects and professions, Murphy is the ideal place to develop your career. We offer a number of apprentice, graduate and entry level positions within our Murphy Academy, as well as roles for more experienced candidates.
Murphy is an Investors in People (IIP) accredited company, an equal opportunities employer and has its own in-house training centre.