5 months ago
We currently have an exciting opportunity within our Infrastructure Services business for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to join us. You will be working as part of our Projects Team to protect the company’s interest and deliver success, through effective cost and value management.
Infrastructure Services Projects have secured an £8m scheme within Hampshire close to Southampton. The work is being delivered through the Hampshire Highways Maintenance Contract and there are other opportunities currently being negotiated through the maintenance contract and separate Framework Contract that Skanska have with Hampshire County Council. The successful candidate will be responsible for running a portfolio of projects within the area.
* Support the Commercial Manager/Operations Manager in developing and implementing the OU Commercial strategy and Group policies
* Assist with the development, implementation and adherence to contract commercial strategy
* Work with the operations team to prepare clear and accurate quarterly forecasts
* Day to day management and development of the commercial team
* Provide support and assistance to the operations team
* Procurement and administration of sub-contractors
* Managing monthly applications to the client and third parties
* Change control management
* Risk & opportunity management
* Financial monitoring and reporting and liaising with the operations team
* Detailed commercial analysis of various outputs
* Carry out PDRs and develop commercial staff
Knowledge and Experience:
* Ideally chartered status but as a minimum a degree/HND in Quantity Surveying or other relevant subject
* Relevant CSCS card
* Strong level of identifiable commercial experience within the construction industry along with evidence of line management experience
* Good command and communication of oral and written English
* Skilled negotiator and communicator
* Good people/management/organisational skills
* Demonstrable highway maintenance and civil engineering experience preferably with a contracting organisation
* Good knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts
* IT proficient, particularly in MS Office
* Customer focus
* Decision quality
* Building effective teams
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
Please note this is an advert for our Job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: email@example.com
Make your next career move with us: skanska.co.uk/careers
* Location: Hampshire, England, United Kingdom
* Additional Locations:
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
* Schedule: Full-time
* Employee Status: Regular
* About Skanska: We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic, we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
Make your next career move with us.