6 months ago
Managing Director – Water Operations (UK Wide)
RPS has a fantastic opportunity for a strategic and growth driven individual to join us as Managing Director to lead our Water Operations Division. The position reports into the CEO of Services (one of the 6 Segments of RPS) and is part of the Services, UK & Netherlands Leadership team where you will have responsibility for around 600 staff across the UK and Ireland. For this role you’ll need to have a strong background of contracting in infrastructure (water would be advantageous), a strategic vision for connecting and growing our business, an ability to inspire and develop people and a proven track record of commercial and performance delivery.
• Maintain an effective, motivated Divisional Leadership Team, focussed on the achievement of the Business Plan and lead and drive the development of senior personnel
• Develop effective relationships with key internal stakeholders
• Foster and develop an effective culture that retains key staff and promotes career development
• Assist to implement succession planning strategies to cover key positions within the Water Operations business
• Manage employee performance and deliver on our Purpose, Promise and Behaviours
• Manage key client relationships and foster a client focused culture as well as develop new clients to grow the business
• Identify and explore new markets and prospects based on robust analysis and financial opportunity
• Assist OD’s and TD’s to develop, implement and review business plans, marketing strategy and operational plans
• Grow business revenue and profits through sustainable organic growth and development of new services and sectors
• Focus on developing clients and market sectors. Ensure effective business development processes and leadership are in place as well as appropriate sales and marketing to build the division’s brand and reputation. Facilitate multi-office/multidivisional bids
• Full P&L responsibility
• Monitor the technical quality, staff productivity and financial performance of the teams. Assist OD’s and TD’s to ensure work is monitored and completed within budget. Provide direction in the pursuit of technical and operational excellence in all work delivered by Water Operations and lead planning for the business
Skills and expertise required:
• An inspirational leader of people who is passionate about the career development of employees
• Proven ability to develop solid, long-term client relationships with experience in leading the growth of a professional services business
• A strong understanding of commercial concepts (i.e. financial, legal) and experience of running a P&L.
• Business savvy, balancing absolute best practice with commercial solutions
• High-level knowledge, understanding and application of technical concepts, processes and activities
• Thorough knowledge of relevant standards and legislation as relevant to Water Operations and the Services UKNL (SUN) business
• Strong relationship building skills to partner and engage with senior leaders and diverse employees across the UK.
• A hands-on, pragmatic, commercial leader who can “get things done”
• The desire, energy and enthusiasm to be a partner working in a progressive and evolving leadership team
• Strong negotiation skills, quick thinker, resourceful and self-motivated
What we offer you:
RPS will provide you with a flexible, collaborative and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
For this role you will receive a competitive salary plus bonus, a company car/car allowance and private medical healthcare. All our employees are rewarded with opportunities to invest in RPS and many other benefits including: 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Group Disability Scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships
We are a leading provider of water operational services across water and wastewater infrastructure including leakage detection, pressure management, flushing, flow load surveys, CCTV, rainfall and manhole surveys. We have a Geomatics team that works in other sectors such as Property and Highways.
RPS is a global professional services firm of 5,600 people. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.
To apply, simply send a CV and covering letter via the Apply button above