3 months ago
Title : Manager HSSE Assurance
Requisition ID :2019-37090
Work Location :GB-London
Department / Discipline : HSSE
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Manager HSSE Assurance. The location of this role is flexible.
Reporting to the Group Head Operations Assurance to develop and implement a risk based Group HSSE assurance, verification and validation programme. The Manager HSSE Assurance will lead assurance reviews specific to their area and where appropriate include other elements of Operations Assurance. She/he will also support assurance events led by other members of the OA Team.
Implementation of the HSSE Management System Standard (The Blue Book), is a key feature of the role. Working closely with the Group HSE and Security teams will assist the Business Units in the development and application of management system(s), which includes compliance with Customer Safety Policies, and government regulations.
* Participate in the Operations Assurance LT contributing to HSSE Assurance Strategy
* Provide clarity and visibility on the status of HSSE Assurance in the assigned area
* Actively monitor and report compliance with Wood HSSE Assurance policy through Tier 1 operational oversight
* Develop with senior operations management a risk based Group HSSE Assurance plan and a global strategy to improve service delivery and HSSE assurance capability
* Identify high risk services and lead audits and reviews as defined in the Group Operations Assurance plan
* Undertake and report on independent assurance activities to assess the effectiveness of controls to manage critical business risks
* Lead investigations of high impact incidents and serious deviations to standards through the use of an appropriate investigation process, provide constructive feedback and coaching
* Maintain a focus on Strategic initiatives and developments / learnings to ensure the transfer of best practice
Skills / Qualifications
* Degree in relevant technical discipline or HSSE management
* Membership of Recognised Industry body
* Lead Auditor Qualification by recognised Industry body
Knowledge, skills and experience:
* Significant long-term experience in an HSSE role within a technical services business
* HSSE Operations experience is preferred
* Familiarisation with relevant legislation and regulations
* Good planning and organisational skills
* High level of communication skills, written and verbal, must be a good listener
* Good knowledge of management systems and standards (e.g. ISO 9001, 14001, 18001)
* Commitment to HSE and assurance and the need to drive down incidents and accidents across the Industry
* Demonstrable commitment to Wood Core Values
* Significant experience and credibility in HSSE Assurance policies processes and procedures
* Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a wider team
* Commitment to continuous improvement
* Willing to challenge in a constructive and supportive manner
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.