12 months ago
AutoReq ID 130302BR
Job Title Manager - Finance Transformation (FS Banking)
Country United Kingdom
Function Management Consulting
Service Line Financial Management
Service Line Information In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In Financial Management, we improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the finance function and generate real insights to help deliver value to the business.
KPMG Overview Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
The Financial Management practice is part of KPMG Management Consulting. Financial Management is split across five key sector segments, one of which is Banking.
In Financial Management there are over 150 professionals dedicated to Back Office Transformation improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the core control and reporting functions including Finance and Risk, Treasury and Operations and generating real insights to help deliver value to the business.
Our mission statement is to create a sustainable practice which is recognized as being number one in the industry.
The Financial Management team is structured into the following capabilities:
- Finance Strategy & Transformation (FS&T) – Finance and Risk function strategy & vision, Target Operating Model (TOM) Design planning and implementation Regulatory driven change (including IFRS 9 and Fundamental review of Trading Book)
- Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) – Performance reporting, cost & profitability, data analytics, planning budgeting & forecasting;
- Efficient Finance Operations (EFO) – Finance function cost & process optimisation, robotics & cognitive technologies, shared service & outsourcing.
In Banking, financial institutions are facing a period of unprecedented regulatory change in terms of the number of new initiatives, their complexity and the interplay between different regulations. In addition we are seeing continued cost pressures.
Our Financial Management Banking practice works with leading Investment and Retail Banks, focussing primarily on improving the effectiveness and efficiency of their Finance & Risk functions. The key drivers of change for our Banking clients are Regulatory Reform, Cost Reduction and Finance and Risk Transformation.
Our Financial Management practice is a priority area for significant and strategic growth and the team works with leading Investment and Retail Banks, focussing on improving the effectiveness and efficiency of their Finance & Risk functions. The key drivers of change for our Banking clients are Regulatory reform, Cost Reduction and Risk Transformation and our service offerings reflect this demand.
Our go to market approach is business-focused and our solutions are developed around client issues.
As part of this team, you will be working with a broad range of clients from the initial diagnosis, strategy formulation and analysis, through to implementation.
Your responsibilities as a Manager in Financial Management:
- Engagement delivery: working with senior members of the team, shaping the approach to delivery of projects or program work streams including planning resources, deliverables and timelines
- Engagement delivery: leading the delivery of projects or program work streams of large size and complexity (including analysing and interpreting data, drafting report findings and attending client meetings)
- Business development: developing and sustaining relationships internally and with client management; supporting the business development activity of senior members of the team (including shaping, developing, contributing to and presenting proposals/ bids for future work)
- Risk management: identifying and managing risks and ensuring the Firm's processes and frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
- People development: performance management including identifying team member development needs and accelerating development with particular emphasis on coaching and skills transfer
- Practice development: taking a leading role in processes and initiatives that are key to scaling the business
Successful candidates should have strong finance knowledge and demonstrate the following skills:
- Accountancy qualification – ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA or equivalent
- Understanding of key performance and cost challenges across Financial Services, including those presented by the changing regulatory environment
- Banking knowledge either through product control/finance line reporting or finance change roles
- Strong business analysis skills, organised and structured approach to work/problem solving
- Considerable knowledge of Finance data, systems and tools
- Experience of writing business change requirements documentation
- Ability to take on the lead project delivery role
- Able to demonstrate project management with a proven track record in delivering high quality programme, project or assignment outputs
- Experience of proposal writing and presenting to clients or equivalent
- Excellent Microsoft (powerpoint, excel, word) skills
- Able to lead teams and develop others
- Flexibility to travel
Successful candidates should have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience in the Banking Industry or equivalent (i.e. broker dealer, inter- dealer broker) in a control or change function.
- Experience in implementation of Finance Transformations
- Experience in designing and implementing operating models Financial control framework implementations (including SOX) Finance process re-engineering including Lean/Six Sigma Finance function sourcing strategy development and implementation
Our Deal At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
Flexible Working While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
At KPMG, we recognise that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand and appreciate that those with experience who have taken a career break still have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Bank, Banking, Financial, Law, Consulting, Finance, Legal, Technology