6 months ago
Who you’ll be working with
As the digital innovation, consulting and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs envision and build what’s next for their organizations. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, its 6,000+ strong team combines strategy, technology, data science and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights, to develop new digital solutions and business models of the future.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Within our Energy and Utilities sector we bring to life what is next. We combine strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset. We work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges.
Our work is focussed on the future of Energy and Utilities. We know that this market will go through dramatic change over the next few years and we have an important role to play: The need to understand, design and implement change based on drivers including climate change, energy storage, new economic models, and new technology are increasing, alongside our core capabilities of customer experience transformation, asset and operations transformation and cost reduction and operating model transformation.
Our recent work has included; creating the future operating model for our client’s UK operations, designing an award winning future customer experience for the competitive arm of a water sector client, delivering a multi-year and multi-dimension change programme for an energy distribution company, and leading the global implementation of change for a energy-technology business. We have also built blockchain prototypes, written thought leadership on the future role of Distribution Systems Operators, and deployed agile at scale for new customer experiences through digital channels.
Capgemini Invent is in a unique position of being a strong independent consulting, digital, innovation and technology business attached to an industrial scale systems and technology business, this means that we are in a very small group of companies that can deliver a complete change and transformation journey to our clients.
We are looking for people that are motivated and want to be part of this change. To join our team you will be curious and interested in the future of the energy and utilities sector, and will want to take pivotal roles in the change programmes.
The focus of your role
To meet the demands of both the regulators and increasingly savvy consumers, companies in the water industry across the UK are investing millions in Opex and Capex improvements and digital transformation. Given the scale of investment there is a very strong focus from regulators, investors and the companies alike to ensure these programmes are delivered effectively and drive out efficiency at all levels.
As a result we are seeing a significant increase in demand for our successful Operational Excellence Consultants who are already working with major utilities organisations. We have built a successful track record of improving organisation performance through deployment of leading edge operational and digital practices whilst delivering major cost efficiencies in the process. Our consultants bring to bear vast utilities experience, a strong business improvement skillset, an understanding of technology and a highly collaborative approach. We need more talented people like them to join our team.
What you’ll do
The primary role involves the delivery of leading edge operational excellence and sustained performance improvement in front line operational, customer and capital environments working collaboratively with staff of all levels from across industry. You will provide the Utilities or Asset Intensive industry expertise to support the development of innovative and pragmatic operational excellence solutions in the Water sector. You will form part of an experienced and flexible project delivery team, helping clients to realise benefits and transform behaviours which will lead to improved efficiency, improved customer experience and improved business outcomes.
What you’ll bring
You’ll bring experience in Utilities or other Programme Delivery and Asset Intensive regulated industries such as Rail and Aviation. You may already be a consultant or you may be working within a Water company or similar Utility company, energy generation organisation, or an engineering/technology vendor to Utilities. You will have experience of Water, Asset Management, Network Operations or Digital Delivery. In addition, you’ll have the following specific experience and personal attributes:
We seek individuals who can demonstrate experience in many of the following:
* Identification of initiatives to drive improvement in customer, asset, capital delivery or water / waste water operations.
* Delivery of Performance / Process Improvement initiatives across the end to end water value chain.
* Managing and/or delivering projects in Water, Utility or Asset Intensive industries, either working for an institution or for a consulting firm.
* Assisting with the design and development of programme management initiatives covering business and technology implementation propositions.
* Experience in managing and delivering in small to medium sized teams working with multiple and varied stakeholders at different seniority levels to deliver tangible positive outcomes.
* An awareness of standard Operational Excellence techniques and approaches would be advantageous.
* You will be highly motivated, a self-starter, bringing a proactive, can-do attitude to project delivery, capable of working independently as well as in teams in a sometimes demanding project environment.
* You will have the knowledge and gravitas to credibly engage effectively with a range of utilities project staff up to a senior level on utilities project specific subjects.
* You will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, providing direction and helping others to develop. You may have personal team lead / management experience, but this is not essential.
* You will be able to anticipate and adjust positively to situations with clients that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity.
* You will have excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to listen to understand the client situation and the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently on potentially complex issues.
* Ability to work within an integrated team environment in a fast paced, pressurised client environment.
* You’ll have a track record of successful delivery within large scale projects or programmes working alongside other parties.
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Invent unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
* Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
* Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
* Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
* Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
* Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
* Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
November 3, 2018
(i)GCSE or equivalent