about 1 year ago
Who you’ll be working with
As the digital innovation, consulting and transformation business of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs envision and build what’s next for their organizations. We’re located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, and our 6,000+ strong team combines strategy, technology, data science and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights, to develop new digital solutions and business models of the future.
At Capgemini Invent, we believe transformation begins with invention and ends with results. This inventive thinking helps clients unlock new opportunities and create what’s next for their organisations. Ideation and prototyping are key, but so too is helping our clients to scale and industrialise new solutions. The fourth industrial revolution is forcing businesses to rethink their strategy, business model and offerings to their culture – and everything in between. While emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence and blockchain continue to evolve, many organisations are still in the dark as to how and where they might be integrated. Capgemini Invent help our clients address these challenges by designing and creating advanced, real-world digital solutions and the business models of the future, resulting in new value creation and driving their growth.
The focus of your role
The Utilities market never stands still. To stay competitive, organisations must squeeze every return from their assets and aim for the pinnacle of operational achievement. We’ll go above and beyond to help our clients do that. Using advanced techniques and next-gen technologies, we help our clients consistently outperform regulatory and shareholder expectations. Given the scale of investment for Nuclear and other Power Generation Projects in the UK there is a very strong focus on safe delivery and operational performance of the assets to plan
We are seeing a significant increase in demand for our Operational Excellence consultants. We have built a successful track record of improving organisational performance. Our consultants bring to bear Nuclear and Asset Intensive Industry experience, a strong business improvement skillset, an understanding of how digitisation of core Capital Project delivery processes can reduce the total cost of ownership for these mega projects. We need more talented people like them to join our team.
What you’ll do
The primary role involves the delivery of PLM capabilities to support delivery of Capital Projects and Operational Performance improvement for existing Business Operations. You will support the development of innovative and pragmatic Operational Excellence solutions across Nuclear and Infrastructure sector. You will form part of an experienced and flexible project delivery team, helping clients to realise benefits and transform behaviours which will lead to improved efficiency, improved service delivery and business outcomes.
What you’ll bring
You’ll bring experience in Nuclear, Major Infrastructure, Oil & Gas and other Asset Intensive Industries. You may already be a consultant or you may be working within a Utility, Energy Generation organisation, or an Engineering/Technology vendor to Utilities. You will have experience of PLM systems, Document and Data Control, Data Architecture, Data Governance and Data Quality Management. In addition, you’ll have the following specific experience and personal attributes:
We seek individuals who can demonstrate experience in many of the following:
* Managing, leading and / or delivering projects in Nuclear, Oil and Gas, Utility or Asset Intensive industries, either working for an institution or for a consulting firm.
* You will support or lead the design and development of Project management initiatives for the implementation of complex PLM applications which will include integration into the existing IT landscape, including ERP, engineering, manufacturing and operational management systems
* You will help develop business cases for the deployment of PLM solutions and support clients in making value based scope decisions
* Be part of a team of consultants to develop components of a PLM solution for our client
* You will identify and analyse the business requirements and translate them into scalable client PLM solutions
* You will support the implementation of PLM applications to improve a business and functional operational performance, implementing appropriate benefits tracking measures
* You will support development of data architectures and have an awareness of the principles of BIM
* You will have experience of one of the leading PLM packages – Dassault, Teamcentre, Enovia, Bentley Systems etc.
* Experience in managing and delivering in small to medium sized teams working with multiple and varied stakeholders at different seniority levels to deliver tangible positive outcomes.
* An awareness of standard Operational Excellence and continuous improvement techniques and approaches would be advantageous.
* You will be highly motivated, a self-starter, bringing a proactive, can-do attitude to project delivery, capable of working independently as well as in teams in a sometimes demanding project environment.
* You will have the knowledge and gravitas to credibly engage effectively with a range of utilities project staff up to a senior level on utilities project specific subjects.
* You will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, providing direction and helping others to develop. You may have personal team lead / management experience, but this is not essential.
* You will be able to anticipate and adjust positively to situations with clients that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity.
* You will have excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to listen to understand the client situation and the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently on potentially complex issues.
* Ability to work within an integrated team environment in a fast paced, pressurised client environment.
* You’ll have a track record of successful delivery within large scale projects or Projects working alongside other parties.
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Invent unique?
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
November 3, 2018
(i)GCSE or equivalent