7 months ago
Who you’ll be working with
Our 17,000 dedicated sector consultants work with more than 75 of the top Utilities businesses worldwide, building relationships and solutions that last. In the Nuclear and Infrastructure sector we are the leading consultancy for New Nuclear Builds. We help our clients digitise their Capital Project delivery and operational asset processes to provide clean, secure and affordable energy whilst reducing the total cost of ownership over the 80 year life cycle of the asset.
The focus of your role
The Utilities market never stands still. To stay competitive, organisations must squeeze every return from their assets and aim for the pinnacle of operational achievement. We’ll go above and beyond to help our clients do that. Using advanced techniques and next-gen technologies, we help our clients consistently outperform regulatory and shareholder expectations. Given the scale of investment for Nuclear and other Power Generation Projects in the UK there is a very strong focus on safe delivery and operational performance of the assets to plan
We are seeing a significant increase in demand for our Operational Excellence consultants. We have built a successful track record of improving organisational performance. Our consultants bring to bear Nuclear and Asset Intensive Industry experience, a strong business improvement skillset, an understanding of how digitisation of core Capital Project delivery processes can reduce the total cost of ownership for these mega projects. We need more talented people like them to join our team.
What you’ll do
The primary role involves the delivery of PLM capabilities to support delivery of Capital Projects and Operational Performance improvement for existing Business Operations. You will support the development of innovative and pragmatic Operational Excellence solutions across Nuclear and Infrastructure sector. You will form part of an experienced and flexible project delivery team, helping clients to realise benefits and transform behaviours which will lead to improved efficiency, improved service delivery and business outcomes.
What you’ll bring
You’ll bring experience in Nuclear, Major Infrastructure, Oil & Gas and other Asset Intensive Industries. You may already be a consultant or you may be working within a Utility, Energy Generation organisation, or an Engineering/Technology vendor to Utilities. You will have experience of PLM systems, Document and Data Control, Data Architecture, Data Governance and Data Quality Management. In addition, you’ll have the following specific experience and personal attributes:
We seek individuals who can demonstrate experience in many of the following:
* Managing, leading and / or delivering projects in Nuclear, Oil and Gas, Utility or Asset Intensive industries, either working for an institution or for a consulting firm.
* You will support or lead the design and development of Project management initiatives for the implementation of complex PLM applications which will include integration into the existing IT landscape, including ERP, engineering, manufacturing and operational management systems
* You will help develop business cases for the deployment of PLM solutions and support clients in making value based scope decisions
* Be part of a team of consultants to develop components of a PLM solution for our client
* You will identify and analyse the business requirements and translate them into scalable client PLM solutions
* You will support the implementation of PLM applications to improve a business and functional operational performance, implementing appropriate benefits tracking measures
* You will support development of data architectures and have an awareness of the principles of BIM
* You will have experience of one of the leading PLM packages – Dassault, Teamcentre, Enovia, Bentley Systems etc.
* Experience in managing and delivering in small to medium sized teams working with multiple and varied stakeholders at different seniority levels to deliver tangible positive outcomes.
* An awareness of standard Operational Excellence and continuous improvement techniques and approaches would be advantageous.
* You will be highly motivated, a self-starter, bringing a proactive, can-do attitude to project delivery, capable of working independently as well as in teams in a sometimes demanding project environment.
* You will have the knowledge and gravitas to credibly engage effectively with a range of utilities project staff up to a senior level on utilities project specific subjects.
* You will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, providing direction and helping others to develop. You may have personal team lead / management experience, but this is not essential.
* You will be able to anticipate and adjust positively to situations with clients that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity.
* You will have excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to listen to understand the client situation and the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently on potentially complex issues.
* Ability to work within an integrated team environment in a fast paced, pressurised client environment.
* You’ll have a track record of successful delivery within large scale projects or Projects working alongside other parties.
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Invent unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
* Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
* Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
* Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
* Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
* Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
* Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
November 3, 2018
(i)GCSE or equivalent