about 1 year ago
Who you’ll be working with
Our 17,000 dedicated sector consultants work with more than 75 of the top Utilities businesses worldwide, building relationships and solutions that last. In the Nuclear and Infrastructure sector we are the leading consultancy for New Nuclear Builds. We help our clients digitise their Capital Project delivery and operational asset processes to provide clean, secure and affordable energy whilst reducing the total cost of ownership over the 80 year life cycle of the asset.
What you’ll do
The primary role supports organisations and Capital and Infrastructure Projects to develop their Information Management Strategies and deploy effective Data Governance frameworks, processes, policies etc. You will help our clients drive Organisational Change to embed data centric ways of working to control and exploit their information which will help drive improved project execution and operational performance of the asset.
The focus of your role
The Utilities market never stands still. To stay competitive, organisations must squeeze every return from their assets and aim for the pinnacle of operational achievement. We’ll go above and beyond to help our clients do that. Using advanced techniques and next-gen technologies, we help our clients consistently outperform regulatory and shareholder expectations. Given the scale of investment for Nuclear and other Power Generation Projects in the UK there is a very strong focus on safe delivery and operational performance of the assets to plan.
We are seeing a significant increase in demand for our Data Strategy, Governance and insights team. We have built a successful track record of improving organisational performance through better insights from information and data. Our consultants bring Nuclear and Asset Intensive Industry experience, a strong business improvement skillset, an understanding of how data centric ways of working can enable the safe and predictable delivery of Capital Projects, with a smooth transition to operations. We need more talented people like them to join our team.
What you’ll bring
You’ll bring experience in Nuclear, Major Infrastructure, Oil & Gas and other Asset Intensive Industries. You may already be a consultant or you may be working within a Utility, Energy Generation organisation, or an Engineering/Technology vendor to Utilities. You will have experience of developing Information Management Strategies, Data Governance and BIM Principles, and how technology can support data centric ways of working.
We seek individuals who can demonstrate experience in many of the following:
* Managing and/or delivering projects in Nuclear, Oil and Gas, Utility or Asset Intensive industries, either working for an institution or for a consulting firm
* To define the Strategy and Policy for Information Management across Capital Projects supporting a move from Document to Data Centric ways of working
* Develop Data Governance Frameworks, with a focus on improvement of Data Quality and control across complex supply chains
* Develop the supporting Process and Procedures for Data and Document Management across the project e.g. Data Quality, Master Data Management, Information Requirements Management
* Develop the organisational design for Data Governance and Stewardship defining the roles for information ownership within BU and across BU’s
* Drive cultural change across organisations to embed the new ways of working
* Lead development of the Data Model and Data Architecture for the design, delivery and operations of an asset
* Develop the BI strategy and look at techniques such as predictive analytics to drive improved Project Performance
* Experience in managing small to medium sized teams working with multiple and varied stakeholders at different seniority levels to deliver tangible positive outcomes.
* A strong understanding of BIM principles and Asset Information Lifecycle Management is advantageous
* You will be highly motivated, a self-starter, bringing a proactive, can-do attitude to project delivery, capable of working independently as well as in teams in a sometimes demanding project environment.
* You will have the knowledge and gravitas to credibly engage effectively with a range of project staff up to a senior level on project specific subjects.
* You will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, providing direction and helping others to develop. You may have personal team leadership / management experience, but this is not essential.
* You will be able to anticipate and adjust positively to situations with clients that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity.
* You will have excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to listen and understand the client situation and the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently on potentially complex issues.
* You will have the ability to work within an integrated team environment in a fast paced, pressurised client environment.
* You’ll have a track record of successful delivery within large scale projects or Projects working alongside other parties.
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Invent unique?
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Consulting unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Consulting. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
* Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
* Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
* Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
* Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
* Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
* Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
November 2, 2018
(i)GCSE or equivalent