about 1 year ago
Who you’ll be working with
As the digital innovation, consulting and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs envision and build what’s next for their organizations. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, its 6,000+ strong team combines strategy, technology, data science and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights, to develop new digital solutions and business models of the future.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
The focus of your role
Our Business Analytics Team is Capgemini Invent's business analytics and strategic modelling capability. The team delivers analytical solutions and advisory services to a wide range of clients in the financial services sector. Our Clients look to us to work with them collaboratively and provide the expertise and structured thinking that will help them develop innovative solutions to complex business problems.
We are looking for consultants who can help our clients to use analytics to:
* Shape and evolve their customer experience
* Enhance and expand their service and commerce channels
* Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve business performance
* Innovate their business models and operations
What you’ll do
You’ll undertake a wide variety of challenging project work and help our clients optimise their business processes, improve operations and drive performance improvement. You will be encouraged and have the licence to develop new ways of delivering value. The type of work that you might get involved in will vary from:
* Developing modelling tools and using analytics to solve business problems as part of a major business transformation, or to support strategic decision making, using techniques such as data mining, text mining, statistical analysis, economic modelling, business case development, risk modelling, optimisation, simulation, systems dynamics and forecasting.
* Using data visualisation and analytics to provide insight for clients into complex relationships, trends and patterns in their data
* Supporting client to design, build and implement analytics based solutions.
* Delivering analytical advisory services to clients to develop their analytics strategy and transform their capabilities
* Developing both thought leadership points of view and new service offerings to differentiate us in the marketplace.
What you’ll bring
You’ll be a talented consultant with both analytical and client-facing skills and experience in either a major player in the banking or financial services sector, or with another consultancy firm. You’ll be looking to apply creative thinking and innovative methods to your clients’ business needs. You’ll bring drive and commitment to own and deliver outstanding work, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. In addition, you’ll have the following experience and personal attributes:
You’ll have a track record of academic achievement (first degree in a numerate subject e.g. Maths, Stats, Industrial Engineering, Economics) and ideally a MSc. post-graduate qualification in an analytical subject such as Operational Research, Management Science, Statistics or Decision Science. You’ll also be proficient with tools like Excel and Simul8/Vensim/SAS/SPSS/R./SQL/Python/Qlik/Tableau.
You’ll have the ability to combine rigorous analysis of complex issues and the development of insights and solutions with strong general consulting skills and the ability to present and deliver to Senior Management or CXO level.
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Invent unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
* Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
* Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
* Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
* Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
* Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
* Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
November 3, 2018
Bachelor's degree or equivalent