9 months ago
Power & Energy
Category: Cost Jobs
Management Accountant - Capital & Projects
Do you want to join the leading independent provider of utility networks?
Do you want to join a company that has been recognised as a Great Place To Work?
BUUK Infrastructure know that the greatest asset is our staff, and we are a company that our people feel proud to be a part of. The passion and commitment shown by every member of our team allows us to succeed in our mission statement – “To deliver consistently high-quality service to customers to earn their long-term loyalty to BUUK.”
We are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant – Capital & Projects to join our head office in Woolpit. We require a qualified accountant to manage the project accounting function for the Group. This includes the preparation of management accounts and reporting, ensuring compliance with internal controls and SOX processes as well as providing leadership and support for a team of 4. The role will suit a newly qualified accountant who is proactive, builds good working relationships and a desire to continuously review and improve systems and processes.
Responsibilities will include –
Accounting & Reporting
* Produce monthly management accounts for BUUK network assets.
* Develop and manage revenue recognition models for group connections income, reporting under both UK GAAP and IFRS 15.
* Control project ledger within main accounting software, ensuring accurate budget information and accounting records reflect individual network asset costs, income and asset values.
* Provide insight to budget and forecast variances via regular management reporting.
* Report on Profit and Loss on network constructions, monitoring profitability and investigating/analysing build variances identified
Month End Process
* Oversee and produce the calculations and processing of group connections income recognition, accruals, absorption journals, interco asset sales/transfers and depreciation.
* Oversee month end balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring compliance with all internal policies, SOX controls and external audit requirements.
* Oversee the preparation of BUUK monthly reporting schedule, including but not limited to Additions, Absorption, and Capital Commitments
* Oversee all other month end processes in relation to WIP, capital expenditure, revenue recognition and depreciation.
* Oversee the preparation of weekly/monthly sales and connection statistics.
* Investigation of significant variances and commentary for all month end activity, including all aforementioned process.
Systems and Process Development
* Review and drive continual improvement of processes through the use of Excel and Business Intelligence to increase efficiency in reporting.
* Attend regular meetings with IT to drive system developments and increase controls surrounding the project ledger
* Provide quality service standards to all stakeholders
* Key point of contact for Group auditors for all areas associated with WIP, projects and Capex.
* Recommend and implement system improvements in all areas of responsibility
* Undertake ad-hoc assignments as may be required
* Innovate and add value in all areas using a high level of initiative
What can we offer you?
Along with a fantastic working environment, we offer a competitive starting salary, sociable Monday-Friday working hours, pension scheme, life assurance and free car parking on site. We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a corporate perk scheme, and an active social calendar with events taking place throughout the year.
Please apply with your CV by clicking the Apply button below.