4 months ago
Job Title: Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician
Salary: £29,088 - £34,189 (depending on experience)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Contributory pension scheme - Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme - Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution
CAT Advantage Discount Website
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products
and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
Department and Overview
The Assembly, Test & Finish department is responsible for continually improving the availability of Perkins production equipment. Significant investment in people and equipment over recent years has led to a motivated and highly engaged team delivering excellent results using modern technology and maintenance techniques.
A role within our Maintenance team will provide you with the opportunity to work with many leading brands in manufacturing technology such as:
• Fanuc Robotics
• Harry Major
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Fault find on electrical, controls, pneumatic, hydraulic & mechanical systems
• Work to a planned preventative maintenance schedule
• React quickly to breakdowns and liaise effectively with local leadership and affected parties.
• Liaise with the Production & Engineering Depts. to ensure equipment availability
• Provide high levels of equipment availability to our internal customers.
• Must ensure that safe working practices are followed. Able to create appropriate Risk Assessments and ensure they are adhered to
• Investigate quality issues relating to machines in a logical and structured manner
• Verbally report & document daily issues for handover
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• NVQ Level 3 / Time served Apprentice background or equivalent qualification
• Experience of PLC systems, fault finding & diagnostics
• Knowledge of hydraulic & pneumatic machine control systems
• Experience of all Mechanical aspects of Machinery & Equipment (e.g motors, gearboxes etc.)
• Ability to read electrical, fluid system and mechanical drawings
• Self-motivated and comfortable to work with limited supervision
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Experience of conveyor maintenance (drives, clutches, inverters etc.)
• Experience Siemens S7
• Experience of Fanuc Robots an advantage
• Driving license, recognised forklift license, MEWP license
• Experience of working within a Manufacturing environment
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Unposting Date- Jun 1, 2019, 5:59:00 AM
Primary Location- United Kingdom-Cambridgeshire-Peterborough
Job- Manufacturing & Supply Chain