23 days ago
Maintenance Team Leader
UK - Royston
Efficient Natural Resources
Johnson Matthey are recruiting for a Maintenance Lead who will report into the Maintenance Manager. The Maintenance Lead will provide technical leadership to a team of multi-skilled engineers engaged in undertaking the repair, maintenance and installation of machines and equipment used throughout the plant to ensure operational needs are met through the timely and efficient allocation of resources and effective work prioritisation. This role is responsible for ensuring safety and quality standards are met and adhered to, the safety of the team, and to drive a proactive EHS culture focused on zero harm.
Sorting of all near misses, incidents and accidents upwards to the Maintenance Manager with the aim of preventing reoccurrence.
* Interprets KPIs and monitors performance against identified OEE requirements to drive improvement and more efficient ways of working
* Ability to lead root cause analysis as part of EHS investigations and business critical breakdowns
Qualifications/ knowledge/ experience
* Proven ability and experience of leading a team in a maintenance environment
* Responsible for the triage of new work requests against the business priority mechanism
* Prioritises and assigns tasks so that the team’s resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
* Inspects completed work to check that repairs have been completed correctly and that machinery and equipment conform to specifications and safety standards.
* Responsible for ensuring that machinery, equipment, materials, parts and tools that are used by maintenance workers in their day-to-day activities are compliant with safety standards and conform to design specification.
* Coaches, monitors and reviews training competency and development plans to support learning and development of the shift team and ensures baseline levels of competence are identified and maintained to safely support operational needs.
* Ensures that new workers are trained in the organisation's operating procedures and standards.
* Responsible for conducting appraisals and performance reviews. Monitor, review and address personnel performance, attendance and sickness issues, maintaining records in accordance with company policy and procedures.
* Responsible for proactively promoting a positive Health & Safety culture and ensures adherence to JM policies and standards (including HR/EHS/Security) leading towards a safe culture focussed on zero harm.
* Responsible for ensuring that all safe systems of work are complied with by self, team and 3rd party contractors working within area at all times and that effective checks and controls are in place and maintained including PTW, JSA, LOTO and PSSR.
* Have a background in high hazard Chemical (COMAH) environment
* Experience of LEAN manufacturing methodology, including problem solving tools such as root cause analysis
* Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* PUWER Awareness & LOLER
* IPAF and PASMA
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online
Closing date for applications: 29 November 2020
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.