about 1 month ago
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Maintenance – Placement Student who will have the great opportunity to be part of our maintenance team which cooperates with various engineering teams and maintains various plant equipment for our Power Systems Business Segment in Daventry site. During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
* Administrating various maintenance documentation to ensure company meets legal compliance guidelines.
* Collect data regarding the maintenance measures needs (mean time to failure, mean time to repair) and present it regularly to key stakeholders.
* You will be part of the maintenance team and work on improvement projects, this will be based around safety issues, down time improvement and repetitive fault management.
* Monitor the equipment care tracking sheet and report possible issues and potential repairs planned.
* Compiling department KPIs data and identifying areas that need addressing.
* Using LEAN tools and methodologies to drive continuous improvements across the Manufacturing process.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
* Currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, general engineering or STEM related subjects and not graduating this academic year.
* Good communication skills, time management, good analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Be a team player as well as be able to work proactively and independently and showing initiative.
* High level of competency in MS Office software (Excel – high level knowledge (Macros, V-Look up; Pivot tables; being able to work with complex formulas), PowerPoint.
Benefits and perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Cummins and the country where you work.
As a Cummins employee your retirement savings plan / pension plan / superannuation will power your path to retirement and improve your financial future.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Your wellbeing is important to us. You and your family will be cared for through comprehensive health care benefits.
Whether starting or completing a degree, you will be supported by tuition reimbursement opportunities or full funding.
You will receive annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We celebrate diverse perspectives and you will be part of building a more diverse workforce to enhance our competitive position and enrich our culture.
Your energy and commitment will be recognized through paid vacation and holidays, parental leave, adoption assistance, flexible work environments and more.
EVERY EMPLOYEE, EVERY COMMUNITY
You are empowered to volunteer at least four hours per year on company time, to give back to the communities where you work and live.
You will learn and grow through training and hands-on experience in an environment that values curiosity and developing talent for the future.
Primary Location United Kingdom-England-Northamptonshire-UK, Daventry, Cummins Co Ltd
Job Type Internship
Recruitment Job Type Student - Internship
Job Posting Oct 19, 2020, 2:41:01 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 2000021C