6 months ago
Maintenance Operator (11593)
Job ID: 11593
Location:Preston Wastewater Treatment Works UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
Covering the Ribble Area as part of the Regional Planned Maintenance Team within Wastewater Network Plus you will provide and implement an efficient and effective maintenance, repair, lubrication monitoring and reporting service in order to achieve optimum availability, quality and performance of Wholesale Assets which are in compliance with the health and safety standards of the Company and that the service is achieved within agreed financial limits.
Carrying out lubrication activities on identified Wholesale assets located on Water and Wastewater operational sites. You will ensure that task confirmation is provided, as appropriate, to confirm that lubrication activities have been carried out to the relevant standard at the identified frequencies. You will also be responsible for:
* Advising and raising further work for Wastewater Operational staff, on any possible issues which may require investigation.
* Organising day to day activities, ensuring effective time utilisation.
* Ensuring pre-defined budget targets are met thus supporting departmental financial objectives.
* Implementing agreed inspection programs without adversely affecting Wastewater treatment processes.
* Ensuring levels of lubricants and materials are maintained.
Carrying out minor remedial work on assets (adjustments etc), appropriate to the level of competence and training received
Knowledge and Skills
You will be educated to a good standard – GCSE Grade C or above or equivalent with good mechanical awareness and working knowledge of UUSD Safe Systems of Work, Company Policy, Statutory Regulations, Operations Procedures and Maintenance Procedures. You will also have:
* Excellent organisation skills
* Communication skills across all levels
* Excellent computer skills eg Word, Excel, report writing
Basic mechanical engineering skills.
Ideally some Water industry experience required but not essential.
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.