about 1 year ago
Location: Dosthill, Near Tamworth, Staffordshire. B77 1LT
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 5.00pm.
About The Role
We are currently seeking to recruit a Maintenance Manager to work at our Kingsbury Site and lead a team consisting of 12 skilled electrical and mechanical fitters.
We are looking for an experienced engineering manager (either electrical or mechanical) who is pragmatic, hands-on and with excellent planning and communication skills
All the individual elements for a successful team are present (vast amounts of knowledge, skills, experience, CMMS). The emphasis is on excellent planning and communication skills coupled with a pragmatic approach, as access to equipment is limited due to exceedingly high production demands. The successful candidate must play a key role in co-ordinating the maintenance team, the production team and the site management team.
There is also a critical health and safety component to this job. The successful candidate will need to ensure that the team perform to the highest standards and, also ensure that all machinery upgrades and modifications conform to latest Functional Safety / PUWER requirements.
Adhere to all environmental, health and safety UK legislation and higher company standards where appropriate. Work closely with production to ensure optimum productivity of the factory.Ensure cost effective and efficient maintenance of the equipment, plant and buildings.Implement a robust planned maintenance system (TPM) to optimise operational performance. Generate and monitor appropriate KPI’s to drive performance improvements.
Provide a timely and efficient breakdown service to maximise OEE. Ensure that the maintenance structure is maximised to provide the most efficient cover for departments and that an effective training plan for your team is in place in order that they work competently and safely at all times. Develop a culture of continuous improvement through the use of lean techniques and tools to help achieve exceptional equipment performance.
* Ensure that you and your team adhere to Group EHS policy at all times and promote a culture of working safely.
* Develop a sound knowledge of the plant and its workings to enable you to make informed decisions regarding breakdowns, repairs and maintenance. Be comfortable making short term running repairs yet always seek a longer-term root cause.
* Manage and lead a team of 12 maintenance personnel. This includes auditing work carried out.
* Deliver plant improvement through effective use of preventative maintenance.
* Manage revenue and capital spends within the confines of budget limits.
* Manage / develop stores system to ensure that critical spares have been identified and in stock at all times.
* Ensure that the final installation and operation of any machine or combination of machines/sub-assemblies must conform to the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations in force at the time.
* To provide and keep technical files in connection to any changes/modifications to the machinery.
* Prepare budgetary information regarding replacement equipment and seasonal planned maintenance activities.
* Promote and encourage continuous improvement and use of lean manufacturing methodologies
* Implement and fully embrace the 5S’s and visual management techniques.
* Adopt stringent contractor control.
* 5 years plus experience of working in a high production environment, primarily in a process oriented or heavy plant industries.
* Relevant engineering (mechanical or electrical) qualification, preferably Degree, HNC/HND or hold a full technical apprenticeship.
* Have experience of managing a team in a manufacturing environment.
* Strong communication skills.
* Good analytical and problem solving skills.
* IT literate, notably excel, work etc.
* Evidence of managing change
* Exposure and promotion of Health & Safety is essential and preferably with a relevant qualification eg. IOSH
* Sound knowledge and experience of computer controlled machines, PLC's (preferably Siemens S7), hydraulics, pneumatics and ideally robotics,
* Strong knowledge of CMMS systems.
* Experience of CI systems; eg TPM, Kanban, 5S etc.
Wienerberger is the world's largest producer of bricks and No. 1 on the clay roof tiles market in Europe with 204 plants in 30 countries. The Wienerberger group has been manufacturing quality clay building products since 1819 when we opened our first factory in Vienna, Austria. Our presence in the UK is currently larger than at any point in our near 200 year history, employing c 1200 people across our Head Office, 4 showrooms, 13 manufacturing sites and 6 distribution centres throughout the UK. We manufacture in excess of 400 products including bricks, blocks, roof tiles and pavers for the homebuilding and renovation markets.