9 months ago
Maintenance Fitter for Aggregates - Nights - Whatley Frome
Competitive Pay Plus Shift Allowance, Production Bonus and Overtime Rate x 2 Weekends
Working at Hanson is about being part of something big – with more than 300 sites across the UK and over 3,500 employees in a wide range of roles, Hanson has opportunities for all. Belonging to the international HeidelbergCement Group which has a leading global position in aggregates, cement and concrete, everyone is part of one team that is committed to achieving the companys visions.
Our staff understand that what we do is much more than “just” produce materials, we are vital to ensuring that roads can be built and maintained, we form the foundations of buildings such as hospitals and we are part of major projects that will shape the future of the UK.
One of our key aims is to be a leading sustainable business that is committed to being fair, respectful and inclusive. Hanson is an equal opportunities employer.
Description of Team / Department
Purpose of / Responsibilities of the role
* Maintenance and repair of fixed plant within the scope of your competence and to keep accurate records in accordance with management requirements.
* To carry out planned maintenance and inspection duties and to keep accurate records in accordance with management requirements.
* Inspection & monitoring of plant in accordance with the site regime.
* To inspect and maintain the crushing & screening plant(s) in order to produce materials in accordance with the site
productivity targets.Start-up & shut-down routines and maximising throughput within the capacity of the plant
* To maintain and repair static plant in a safe and efficient manner
* To maintain where required static plant in a good order physically, greasing, cleaning in accordance with the manufacturers and Hanson recommendations.
* To complete daily inspection sheets of the conditions of static plant when required.
* To report problems or defects of static plant to your line manager, supervisor or chargehand.
* To complete near miss reports as required by Site Management.
* To operate plant & machinery in an energy efficient manner.
Skills / Experience
Knowledge of mobile plant and aggregate processing.
Practical repair, service and maintenance skills of mobile plant, crushers, screens, conveyors.
Fabrication / Welding skills
Relevant NVQ / QCF
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
* Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
* A comprehensive structured induction programme.
* Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
* Pension with generous contributions from Hanson.
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more.
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work and voluntary Life assurance.
Full Time / Part Time: full time
Working Hours: 42.50 hrs
Contract Type: Permanent
Shift Description: 9pm - 05.30am
Company Vehicle: none
Hiring Manager: Andy Fussell
Closing Date: 12/10/18