7 months ago
Job ID : 79864BR
Location : United Kingdom - Basingstoke
The Maintenance Engineering Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of their shift priorities and the allocation of work to the two Maintenance Technicians.
Division Specific Information:
The Microbiology Division provides products for diagnosing disease and detecting bacterial contamination. Our products are used around the world and can help medical professionals to determine the best antibiotic treatment plan for a patient.
What will you do?
* Establishing needs with your stakeholders, you will prioritise daily tasks and long term improvement projects assigning to your team;
* As a focal point for internal customers, you will take responsibility for managing communications and updates;
* Whilst controlling the budget, you will review stock holding against the spare criticality, as well as reviewing overtime against business need;
* Through a coaching approach, you will identify skill weaknesses to manage training and provide regular and timely feedback;
* Your core technical tasks will include:
* Carrying out preventative/ planned maintenance on machines whilst continually improving the maintenance standards;
* Identifying and diagnosing complex equipment and system faults;
* Identifying and carrying out all equipment adjustments to improve set up and carry out fixed calibrations;
* Assisting departmental projects during installation with respect to facilities, commissioning tests, monitoring and reporting.
Who we are looking for: experience, skills & abilities
* Alongside a recognised Electrical or Mechanical Engineering qualification, you will have a solid understanding of machine operation and production processes;
* Displaying leadership ability, you are able to direct your team to successful completion of all tasks whilst maintaining good morale;
* You are comfortable identifying the key priorities and managing a busy workload;
* A great communicator, you provide regular, timely updates to all internal and external stakeholders including the Production team and contractors;
* With good attention to detail, you approach situations with a meticulous eye on safety, quality and procedures;
* You have excellent troubleshooting skills with a focus on finding a solution through to resolution.
What’s in it for you:
* Excellent progression opportunities with a large and growing global employer;
* Competitive salary;
* 25 days annual leave;
* Private healthcare cover;
* Employee assistance programme;
* Range of flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, gymflex amongst others;
* Discount shopping scheme.
Please note that this position is offered on a Monday – Friday shift pattern of 6am – 2pm/ 2pm – 10pm weekly rotation.
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best - professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. !