7 months ago
Job ID : 105252BR
Location : United Kingdom - Paisley
We have an exciting opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic individual to join our Engineering team on a permanent basis. The position will be based at our Inchinnan, Paisley headquarters reporting directly to the Engineering Manager and working with a very talented and high performing team on site.
As a Maintenance Engineer you will ensure that our manufacturing process continues to deliver world class products as efficiently as possible through efficient preventative maintenance, emergency breakdown response and continuous improvement initiatives within the manufacturing areas. The maintenance group will assist in projects to deliver quality, productivity, safety and cost reductions.
What will you do?
* Ensure manufacturing process equipment is available and maintained to the correct standard.
* Participate in multi-functional projects taking on and delivering specific actions and tasks.
* Trouble shoot equipment and process issues, and repair equipment to ensure day to day manufacturing issues are resolved and actioned in a timely manner.
* Complete essential preventative maintenance tasks.
* Analyse daily equipment metrics and use data driven decisions to improve processes and generate reports to document.
* Work with other departments to develop and improve current process equipment and systems to deliver change and improve key metrics.
Who we are looking for:
* Strong Mechanical & Electrical experience (Desirable – Will consider electrical biased candidates)
* Working knowledge of control systems
* Hands on experience of manufacturing equipment maintenance and troubleshooting issues within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
* Knowledge of process excellence techniques including lean, Six sigma and SPC.
* HND or equivalent, related engineering discipline would be advantageous.
* Experience working within a medical device manufacturing environment or cGMP manufacturing environment would be desirable but not essential. (Would also consider candidates also from: distillers, food & dairy, electronics and any other comparable industry).
* Previous experience of working within a team delivering projects deliverables is essential
The role could require occasional travel and out of hours working. You must be fully flexible regarding working hours and will able to participate in an On-call Rota,
What’s in it for you:
* Free car parking
* On site gym
* Private medical insurance
* A variety of flexible benefits
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. !