3 months ago
Working at Hanson is about being part of One Team. We operate around 300 manufacturing sites in the UK and employ over 3,500 people in a wide range of roles from production workers, plant operators, technicians and drivers to sales, IT, engineering and finance managers.
We are part of the HeidelbergCement Group, one of the largest building materials manufacturers in the world, employing over 45,000 people at 2,300 locations in 40 countries.
Our aim is to be a leading sustainable business and we are committed to being fair, respectful and inclusive and are an equal opportunities employer. We exceed customer expectations through an engaged team that is professional, responsible and reliable.
We believe in working safely and sustainably, focusing on a zero-harm workplace and our ambitious target to reduce our CO2 emissions by 50 per cent by 2030. Our employees understand that we do much more than just produce materials: we are vital to ensuring roads can be built and maintained; we manufacture the concrete foundations for buildings such as schools and hospitals; and we are part of major infrastructure projects that will shape the future of the UK
Description of Team / Department
Hanson Cement / REGEN
Purpose of / Responsibilities of the role
As Electrician you will be responsible for carrying out routine preventative maintenance, electrical installation work and undertake fault finding tasks to remedy breakdown situations, you will also assist in the operational duties for the REGEN plant.
* Health and Safety of self and others.
You will be required to provide out of hours breakdown cover on a callout rota arranged with management team
* Ensure that electrical maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with the schedules and procedures.
* Ensure that electrical maintenance carried out is accurately recorded for reference purposes.
* Ensure that workshops, equipment and facilities are adequate and maintained.
* Working to Company Sustainability policy.
* Effective communications with Hanson personnel, sub contractors and suppliers.
* Working for other Hanson sites as required.
* To maintain your work areas in a clean and safe condition at all times.
* To ensure that isolations and isolation procedures are accurately carried out.
* Effective control and communications of Hanson personnel, sub contractors and suppliers.
* Supervision of sub contract labour as required.
* You will play an active part in process operations by ensuring preventative maintenance on electrical items are implemented, rectifying process/plant electrical faults, daily inspections are carried out including identification, reporting and rectification of faults to reduce breakdowns.
* You may also be required to assist mechanical and production departments as and when required.
* Health and Safety of self and others safe and effective use of resources
* Reporting of all Accidents, Near hits and incidents.
* Ensure that Electrical workshop, equipment and facilities are adequate and maintained.
* Planning of Electrical maintenance work.
* Assist in the production of risk assessments and method statements for planned work.
* To carry out maintenance and inspections as required by the works engineering team.
* Assist with the co-ordination of planned shutdowns ensuring that all maintenance activities are carried out.
Skills / Experience
To have served a recognised apprenticeship in Electrical disciplines.
Possess fault finding skills and basic planning skills
Preventative maintenance techniques and practices.
Complete Understanding of Health and Safety,Environmental and Quality requirements.
Systematic approach to problem solving and solution finding.
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
* 27 days holiday
* Leading pension scheme offering with generous contributions from Hanson.
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more.
* Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
* A comprehensive structured induction programme.
* Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work, voluntary Life assurance.
* Access to discounted private medical benefits
* Paid day off to Volunteer every year
* Holiday Purchase Scheme
* Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
Full Time / Part Time: full time
Working Hours: 40.00 hrs
Contract Type: Permanent
Shift Description: Mon - Fri 07:30 - 16:00