11 months ago
We are actively seeking a Skilled Manual Machinist,
Must be able to operate and show experience of working the following machine tools: vertical/horizontal borer, centre lathes, milling machines, radial arm drill, and other applicable machine shop duties.
Must be able to operate:
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
* Apprentice trained, skilled manual machinist
* City and Guilds or equivalent in a mechanical engineering discipline but relevant experience will also be acceptable.
* Ability to operate manual machine tools, in particular horizontal borer,
* To be fully conversant with reading and understanding engineering drawings.
* Use measuring instruments to meet tight tolerance requirements.
* Recording critical dimensions on associated Inspection Sheets.
* Good written communication and verbal communication skills
* Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
* Ensure that all work carried out is compliant with the Quality and Safety Competency Management System (QSCMS).
* Able to work independently to tight deadlines, as well as play an active part in a team.
* Ability to complete work accurately and thoroughly, meeting required timescales
* Feedback to engineering any machining process improvement idea's drawing tolerance amendments required.
* Good interpersonal skills
* Strong prioritization skills
* Good team player
* Safety orientated, that all work carried out within team(s) is compliant with health and safety legislation and organisational health and safety policies and procedures, as much as reasonably practicable.
* Able to work flexibly across the working week, including a shift pattern when required, and work across a broad range of activities as the role evolves.
* Participate as and when required in team and one to one meetings, and undertake, as appropriate, courses, training and other developmental activities, relevant to the role.
* Keep up to date with developments within the Company and other sector wide practices that influence the day-to-day activities within the role, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and any other relevant internal and external factors e.g. Company policies and procedures, quality management standards, health & safety.
* Ensure, in the course of employment, complete confidentiality is maintained in respect of the Company, its dealings, transactions, and all other information relating to clients and customers, staff etc.
* Demonstrate commitment to the aims and objectives of the Company and the implementation of its Equal Opportunities policy in the workplace.
* In addition to the duties and responsibilities outlined, you must be prepared to undertake such additional duties within your competency/capability, which may result from changing circumstances, but which may not of necessity change the general character or level of responsibility to the post
Colas Rail in the United Kingdom values and encourages diversity in our workforce, regardless of background, disability or gender. As part of our aim to deliver quality services, we are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination.
Colas Rail currently works with a number of approved recruitment suppliers. We will therefore not consider CVs or speculative proposals from any other agencies. Recruitment agencies not currently approved as preferred suppliers are kindly requested not to submit speculative CVs to any part of Colas Rail.