7 months ago
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
Department: WEC Machining
Hours of Work: Monday- Friday 8am-5pm
Established for 40 years and now one of the UK's leading multi award winning Engineering companies, WEC Group Ltd is looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Machine Shop Estimator to join our busy Machining team based in Blackburn.
This is an interesting and varied role, which involves working on high profile engineering projects, bringing fantastic prospects for the right candidate within a rapidly expanding modern company. The successful candidate will have proven experience in an estimating role, and will be responsible for the following:
* Handling multiple and varied projects.
* Interpretation of customers’ requirements from drawings or computer models.
* Liaison with material and sub contract service suppliers to determine best external costs.
* Liaison with customers and follow up of potential sales.
* Generation of machine shop processes and routings with appropriate times to determine machining costs
* Preparation of detailed quotations
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
* A highly motivated and proactive time served machinist who can demonstrate successful experience in a similar role.
* You must be familiar with all aspects of CNC machining and also be conversant with current tooling developments.
* Candidates should have good interpersonal skills and a high level of commercial awareness.
* Excellent mathematical and numerical skills
* Ability to read engineering drawings
* Strong communication skills at all levels
* Must be computer literate
* Ability to manage own work load and work under pressure in a busy environment
* 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
* Profit share scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Company Pension
* Employee Benefit Loan Scheme
* Healthcare & Wellbeing Cashback Scheme
* Free car parking