about 1 year ago
BR&T-Europe is seeking a talented and highly motivated computer scientist/software engineer with a focus on machine learning techniques to perform research, create new approaches and assist with the design, development, and deployment of AI (Artificial Intelligence) systems, autonomous systems, intelligent data analytics systems and other related advanced technologies.
• The ideal candidate will have experience and interest in machine learning, temporal and sensor data systems, computer vision, natural language processing, reasoning and inference, planning and scheduling, and knowledge representation.
• The candidate will have a strong background in statistics, probability, mathematics, databases, and programming skills.
• General knowledge of recent tools and techniques in these areas are required.
• Programming skills with Python, R, Matlab, C, C++, Java are necessary.
• The successful candidate will become part of the Boeing Research & Technology-Europe, the hub for Boeing R&D in Europe, with offices in Madrid (Spain), Munich (Germany) and Sheffield (UK), and will work with technologists and expert across The Boeing Company.
• The ideal candidate will have general knowledge in different techniques applied in machine learning such as supervised learning and unsupervised learning, and of basic concepts in probabilities and applied statistics.
• The candidate for this position will be able to effectively apply machine learning, AI, and data mining to different types of data collected from tasks and domains such as manufacturing, multimodal sensors, images and video, and online documents.
• He/she will have the general ability to design, apply, and create new algorithms, methods, and tools for the analysis of data to address project requirements.
• He/she will have skill and ability to: collect, organize, transform, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize and present findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources at the work group level.
• He/she will be able to identify and pursue internal and external customers/sponsors, seeking opportunities to solve their analytics problems.
• He/she will work with customers to formulate technical requirements, select analytics methods, identify gaps in existing methods, and develop new methods as necessary.
• He/she will present results to the customers and contribute to the transition of prototype tools to them.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technologists; skilled scientists and thinkers; bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
• The successful candidate will be able to work in the dynamic and distributed BR&T environment. He/she will typically work on multi-year projects that end with capability transitions. Project work can be funded by Independent Research and Development, Internal Application Development, Contracted Research and Development, or support to a Boeing Business Unit. An employee will work on a small project team where the knowledge and abilities of each person is important. The work is often simply described and the employee needs to be self-directed to organize and perform the work. Collaboration with others is crucial to successful project performance as is good communication with the project manager, principle investigator, and sponsor. An employee is typically hands-on, likes to figure things out, enjoys learning new things, and is good at applying what they have learned.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work in European Union. Make sure you list all of the Countries in which you are a citizen.
If you have work authorization for a country that you are not a citizen of, please explain this on the top of your resume. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. Boeing is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
All information provided may be verified.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Ideal candidate holds the following:
• Computer Science BS degree or higher; Focus on Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning.
• 1-2 years job experience desirable.
• Experience with high level programming languages such as C, C++, C#, Java, and Python;
• Experience with designing, implementing, training, evaluating, and optimizing algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning techniques;
• Basic math, statistics and optimization understanding.
Additional desirable skills and experience:
• Experience with applying deep learning for object recognition, scene classification, and scene segmentation;
• Experience with some major deep learning frameworks such as Caffe, CNTK, Theano, Torch, and Tensorflow
• Experience with cloud computing;
• Experience with GPUs;
• Background with localization and mapping, 3D reconstruction, and motion planning.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award