6 months ago
M&E Supervisor - Security (Ipswich) - (180000RC)
Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we’d like a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
Galliford Try Infrastructure (Security Division) are looking for an experienced M&E Supervisor to work on one of our long standing M&E projects in Ipswich.
The M&E Supervisors Primary role is supporting the Project Manager to supervise the safe installation, commissioning & handover of the mechanical and electrical systems to the required standards. The role will also involve effective liaison between the Client, Designer and our relevant sub-contractors. The scope for works required to be supervised includes, but is not limited.
* To lead and develop the Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance team through effective communication,
Training and Development, ensuring that the staff members are fully competent and trained to undertake key tasks
* To support and develop a managed and cost effective maintenance programme for the site services buildings, plant, systems and equipment.
* Evaluate customer requirements and produce proposals including cost and timescales. Monitor the progress of the planned maintenance and remedial works to agree costs and time and ensuring all works are completed to the satisfaction of the customer and regulatory authorities.
* To ensure continuity of essential site systems and equipment
* To provide an engineering service to design, plan and project manage minor site refurbishment and equipment installations
* To support and manage the promotion and improvements to the teams Safety, Health and Environment and risk management processes and in conjunction with the site HSE&Q team, regularly monitor the safety performance of all service aspects. Identify areas for improvement to support the Services Manager - Assets in managing the departmental human resources and operating budget and ensure that all financial management, forecasting and reporting requirements are fully met
* To develop partnerships with our suppliers to achieve maximum mutual benefit and rationalise the supplier database.
* Identify, develop, implement and review service level agreements and key performance indicators to ensure continued provision of high quality service and ensure customer satisfaction is maintained at a high level
* Develop the existing M&E business unit to ensure growth and stability linked to Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
Training and Development needs, including the creation of a performance system, which assesses the competencies of employees and
* Contribute to an effective "change management" programme for key business elements e.g. services offered, products supplied, existing systems and processes etc
* Maintain day-to-day contact with the customer's representatives and attend meetings as directed
Experience and Qualifications:
* Experienced within the building industry and knowledge of the relevant M&E standards.
* Relevant CSCS, SMSTS accreditation
* Strong working relationships with the Client, designer, sub-contractors and 3rd party stakeholders
* Excellent team player
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package and we will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
We are one of the UK’s leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 5,550 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
As a major UK contractor our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions.
Operating under Galliford Try in England and Wales and Morrison Construction in Scotland, UK, we are a leading contractor on infrastructure projects in the public and regulated sectors. From highways and rail to renewable energy and water, delivering a specialist capability from concept and design through to project implementation and maintenance.
Galliford Try celebrates a diverse workforce and as an Equal Opportunities Employer, we welcome all applications.
Primary Location : General Site Location (South East)
Job : Design
Organization : Construction & Investments
Job Type : Experienced
Job Posting : Oct 15, 2018, 10:57:40 AM