8 months ago
M&E Design Engineer – Tunnels, London
Since the 1930's COWI has pushed the boundaries of bridge, tunnel and marine design through our involvement in some of the world's largest, most iconic and complex projects.
With a full set of world-class competencies within tunnelling and infrastructure engineering, combined with local presence and experience, our talented and dedicated professionals are ready to take on the most complex projects anywhere in the world – no matter how large or small.
In the UK, COWI UK's specialist tunnelling business have in-depth experience in civil, structural, geotechnical engineering and M&E including the development of underground space and infrastructure. We offer a dynamic work environment where multi-cultural teams from all over the world strive for the best results; we are recognised as a centre of excellence for quality, innovation and are the client’s first choice. Our philosophy of getting it ‘right first time’ in tandem with producing alternative designs to ensure safe, economic and sustainable solutions has firmly established COWI as a leader in its field.
This is a wonderful opportunity for you to further your career within our specialist tunnelling and underground structures team, working on some of the country's most technically challenging projects.
Requirements: knowledge, skills and experience required:
* You will ideally hold a master's degree in Mechanical Engineering although consideration will be given to candidates who hold a bachelor's degree and relevant design experience
* You will have previous experience of working on major infrastructure, industrial or process projects in the UK. Candidates with previous tunnel MEP design experience will hold a distinct advantage
* You will be fluent in technical English, both written and orally
* You will possess an in-depth knowledge of appropriate mechanical or electrical systems
* You will be adept at working within a team environment, be flexible and be capable of working in a structured manner
* You will be self-motivated with good interpersonal skills
Reporting to the Associate / Principal Engineer, you will be accountable for producing designs and calculations for a variety of mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems for tunnel projects. You work within a team with a long experience record in various MEP systems, electromechanical, switchboards, LV distribution, lighting, UPS's, earthing and bonding, control systems, ventilation and communication systems for tunnel projects.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Provide design and technical input to projects
* Assisting in the development of conceptual design and producing engineering designs and details in accordance with project requirements
* Ensure conformance with all applicable codes, standards, and client requirements
* Preparation of calculations and drawings and writing reports
* Assisting with tenders and bids
* Inspection and documentation of electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems
* Building relationships with colleagues across the globe
Remuneration & Benefits:
COWI UK Limited is an equal opportunities employer and believe in rewarding our staff for their commitment and hard work. You will therefore receive a basic salary that will match your skills and experience, coupled with:
28 days holiday plus bank and public holidays
Private health care scheme
Life assurance (4 x salary)
Pension scheme with generous employer contribution
Cycle to work scheme
Flexible working arrangements (details available on request)
Long service award of extra pension contributions paid for by the Company and one extra holiday day after 5 years of service
Employee ownership through COWI share programme
How to Apply:
Applying could not be easier, just click the link and follow the simple steps to upload your CV