9 months ago
The Low-Voltage Superintendent is responsible for field operations on the project(s) assigned in order to achieve timely and profitable completion of each project. The Superintendent directly supervises field labor force, including laborers/craft workers. This position must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
What You'll Do:
• Direct day-to-day on-site supervision of field labor force;
• Inspection of Contractor or (Sub)Contract operations to ensure compliance with Contract;
• Review and approve Trade Contractor Payment Applications with Project Manager;
• Maintain good relationships with internal and external clients, including representatives of Owner and Architect/Engineer;
• Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Project Manager;
• Conduct quality inspections;
• Coordinate site testing and inspection efforts.
• Monitor costs, including labor time and material;
• Communicate and enforce Skanska Safety and Health Management Program;
• Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others;
• Manage schedules, including preparation of detailed short-term schedules and ensuring all activities take place on or ahead of scheduled dates;
• Prepare and submit Superintendent’s Daily Reports;
• Attend and participate in project meetings, including subcontractor meetings.
We're Looking For:
• Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products;
• Knowledge of Prolog;
• Broad understanding of industry;
• Familiarity with requirements of drawings and specifications and with terms and conditions of Project Contracts, Subcontracts and Purchase Orders;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Good math/accounting skills;
• Strong management skills;
• Strong ability to read drawings and specifications;
• Functions effectively as part of a team;
• Exhibits strong leadership qualities;
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
• Delegates work appropriately;
• Strong decision making/problem solving skills;
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Junior College or Vocational education desired;
• OSHA certification;
• First Aid/CPR certification;
• 5+ years of industry experience.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
* Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
* Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
* Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have more than 10,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2016, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $6.8 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $17.7 billion in 2016. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2017 by Forbes.