26 days ago
Project: Mace is a privately owned construction company with an award-winning Responsible Business team of around 60 people. We are proud to say that at the end of 2020, we achieved a net zero carbon position for the year. In our new strategy, we raise our ambitions once again - aiming to engage and influence with our clients and become a world-leader in carbon reduction in the built environment.
Are you somebody who could lend your drive and expertise to Mace to further strengthen our offer, supporting our clients low carbon ambitions as we navigate this journey with them? Are you ready to push the boundaries to reduce the amount of embodied carbon in our construction delivery and influence the level of operational carbon across our client portfolios?
We are ideally looking for a structural engineer who has strived to incorporate sustainable engineering options in their recent career history. An innovative thinker who is always on the lookout for new improved materials or design solutions, ideally with an established network of low carbon partners.
Do you have a passion for creating opportunities via innovation and the enthusiasm to become our low carbon engineering ambassador? You will challenge the design teams to find a better way, collaborate with our supply chain to embrace new ways of working and most importantly lead our clients to best in class outcomes.
This role will sit within our construction delivery business working on design solutions for existing projects and driving innovation through the bid process to win work with key clients across a variety of sectors. Your role will also include R&D, mentoring and training alongside your colleagues in the Responsible Business team.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Directing client relationships and strategic conversations.
* Supporting chief engineer and head of sustainability in development of business objectives.
* Exploring innovation wherever it might lead in achieving our carbon goal and that of our clients, innovation and alternative forms of construction.
* Providing value engineering of permanent works and construction engineering to reduce carbon.
* Supervising the appointment and management of detailed consultant engineers’ studies.
* Guiding project teams on low carbon solutions during stage 2, 3 and 4 on live projects and PCSA’s.
* Supporting tenders, producing first rate bid responses and presentations for bid interviews.
* Creating and delivering technical training to all staff, from MD’s to graduate.
* Ensuring that we are at the forefront of carbon reduction through active participation on industry and professional panels and committees.
You have a civil/structural engineering degree and a chartered member of Institution of Civil Engineers (MICE) or Institution of Structural Engineers (MIStructE). You have experience of working with LCA (one click).
You can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You have experience in a structural engineering design in a construction environment with a strong focus on sustainability and reducing carbon and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance and health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”