10 months ago
Who we are
BNP Paribas Global Markets provides cross-asset investment, hedging, financing, research and market intelligence to corporate and institutional clients, as well as private and retail banking networks. Global Markets' sustainable, long term business model seamlessly connects clients to capital markets throughout 38 markets in EMEA, Asia Pacific and the Americas, with innovative solutions and digital platforms. Through Global Markets, clients can access a full universe of opportunities in equity derivatives, foreign exchange and local markets, commodity derivatives, rates, primary and credit markets and prime solutions and financing.
The Graduate Program is designed to provide you with first-class training and immediate responsibility. You will participate to a 3 weeks induction before moving into a full-time role in one of our quant teams. As a graduate you will have access to a number of workshops, in-house training and networking events. You will also be assigned a mentor to help you with your career development.
BNPP is a leading bank in Sustainable Finance and Global Markets contributes to the group across its financing, investing, hedging and servicing activities, bridging investors needs and issuers ESG needs.
Integrating Sustainable Finance into our strategic dialogue with our clients has become a key pillar of GM strategy, well aligned with the rest of CIB.
Our objective is to embed Sustainable Finance in the normal course of business, and every employee will be expected to contribute to their team or desk efforts to promote and develop ESG products and sustainable finance solutions during their rotations.
We have open quant graduate positions in the quant teams supporting our Business Lines; Rates, Credit and FX.
The Rates, Credit and FX quantitative research teams are responsible for the development of pricing and risk management models for Trading and Sales. They have daily exposure to structurers, traders, sales as well as our technology and risk management teams.
The Graduate program is rotational and you will either do a rotation with Flow Quant Teams or Structured Quant Teams.
What you will do
Your role will include:
- Creating and implementing the mathematical models and strategies used for pricing and market making
- Support directly Trading, Sales and Structuring on a day-to-day basis by helping analyse specific trades/risks and applying the optimal pricing model
- Pricing, risk management and relative value for flow, exotic and primary desks
- Assessing the suitability of the models used by reviewing their assumptions, derivation, implementation and limitations
- Responsible for best practices for PnL Explain and Predict globally
- Involvement in key transversal regulatory topics such as FRTB or LIBOR Decommissioning
- Interaction with risk teams for market risk capital models such as VaR, Stressed VaR, IRC, CRM or IMM.
Technical skills required:
- A minimum of a Masters or PhD in a quantitative subject such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Quantitative Finance or Engineering
- Excellent programming skills (C++, Python, Java, R or other equivalent)
- Data manipulation and database experience
- Interest in financial markets, economics and quantitative finance
Opening Date: 1st September 2020
Closing Date: 22nd November 2020