about 1 month ago
About the role
As a Location Planning Manager with Tesco, the largest Retailer in the UK, you will support our Property Planning team to ensure we are making the right investment decisions for new sites and stores across our Property estate. By recommending where to open stores and analysing catchment data to make informed recommendations, you will play a key part in our ambitious growth plans.
Working closely with the Property Acquisitions and Feasibility teams you will own a regional area and develop and maintain an achievable location strategy for every town in the UK, visiting areas across the country (you could be in the heart of Birmingham city centre one day and the Peak District the next)!
You will be responsible for
* Managing a huge amount of data to make the right decisions on store locations to input into strategic business projects.
* Analysing location data to make recommendations to Property and Business, collaborating with all of our amazing colleagues in Customer Insight, SRM and Channels.
* Using Alteryx to analyse different datasets, working closely with our Data & Systems team to improve our tools.
* When open, you will review your stores performance, ensuring all the learnings are fed back into our strategy.
* Understand the new competitors that are opening in your patch and feed this into the Customer team.
* Identify opportunities to improve our ways of working, including processes, training, tools and systems.
You will need
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who is numerate with an analytical mind who has a strong desire to be at the heart of our decisions surrounding our sites and store locations.
You will have an inquisitive and curious mind to analyse location data and whilst all experience will be considered (not just Geography, Economics, Maths degrees) we ask that you have a willingness to learn and a keen interest in numbers and maps.
The successful candidate will hold a driving licence and whilst the role can be regionally based, we are particularly interested in candidates based in the North-West, Midlands or Scotland
An interest in demographic and location data is ideal with an intermediate knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint.
Previous use of Alteryx is advantageous although not essential as training will be available.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco, where we not only celebrate diversity but recognise the value and opportunity it brings.
Everyone is welcome, so if you are looking for your first step into an inspiring business where there is real opportunity to shape your career or, have previous experience within the Property industry and want to join us on this exciting journey where your expertise could make a real difference, then we want to hear from you!
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
* Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 3.5% of base salary
* Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
* On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
* Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
* Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
* Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
* Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
* Colleague Discounts:
* 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
* 10% off One Stop
* 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
* 20% off all F&F purchases
* 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
* 25% off Tesco Café
* 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
* 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
* An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
* Cycle to work scheme
* Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
* Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
* Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
* Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
* Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.