18 days ago
: Mar 28, 2021
: Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-London
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
: Production Management and Operational Support
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The dirm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Low Latency Linux support team is looking for a seasoned Linux Systems Administrator, to implement and maintain the next version of our large scale heterogeneous Linux plant. The existing environment consists of a mixture of open source and in-house written Perl and Python components which will be modernised and replaced to ensure the continued delivery of a stable and secure infrastructure with increased agility and flexibility.
Low Latency Linux support team is responsible for maintaining and improving Linux infrastructure for Morgan Stanley's distributed systems. The group is involved in evaluation, certification, integration, and maintenance of numerous products, including hardware, Red Hat Linux, configuration management, system services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc.), virtualization technologies and a variety of in-house developed tools.
Role Profile and Responsibilities
* We are looking for a Linux System Administrator with Perl or Python development experience.
* You will have experience of managing, deploying to and debugging large scale production environments
* You will work with firewall teams and submit tickets for rule changes and troubleshooting requests.
* You will be able to write secure, testable, robust code.
* You will be responsible for on-call responsibilities shared with a global team
* You will be joining a global team of highly accomplished engineers, developers, and operations specialists.
* You will contribute and maintain documentation for systems, processes, and procedures.
* You will have experience with Change Management and Problem management practices
* You will be expected to collaborate with a global team to accomplish deliverables.
* You will be responsible to participate in open forums with your global team to discuss projects.
* You will be expected to act like an owner.
* Enterprise level lxperience in large distributed environment
* In depth experience with Linux System Administration, preferably Red Hat.
* Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP, experience with networking and security concepts, implementation, and troubleshooting.
* Experience with monitoring tools and solutions
* Proven analytical and troubleshooting skills in a highly visible faced paced enterprise environment.
* Coding experience with Perl/Python and shell scripting.
* Experience automating workflow
* Ability to work with a global team.
* An understanding of Problem and Change Management Practices
* An understanding of SLA, Metrics, and Alerts
* Effective communication skills to a diverse audience
* Ability to write technical documentation and teach team members.
* Solid understand of Linux Kernel internals performance tuning
* Experience with application integration
* Some experience working in a DevOps centric environment
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees