2 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you an experienced Project Manager looking to make a difference in the emerging space of Internet of Things(IoT)? If so, please read on!
The Internet of Things is the next computer revolution, offering exciting opportunities to transform society and business using internet-connected devices. Arm’s Internet Services Group is creating device software and web services to enable these opportunities to become reality.
Within ISG, the Device Services team are building innovative Mbed products; the next generation of operating systems and tools for building billions of IoT connected devices. Mbed will become a platform for enabling these IoT devices, just as Windows is fundamental to the PC ecosystem, and Android and iOS are to mobile phones.
You may have heard of our established Mbed OS platform, targeted at very low cost Cortex-M microcontroller-based devices. Would you like to help us create a new embedded Linux product to complement Mbed OS, only this time focused on devices containing Arm’s advanced Cortex-A processors?
Your work will impact thousands of developers and billions of IoT devices.
About the role
We’re looking for a talented individual who can flourish with new challenges in a fast paced environment.
You will hold a central role to delivering a Linux platform OS, taking account of business needs and product requirements, and ensuring close alignment of stakeholders along the way. You will coordinate with multiple functions and teams, to define, communicate and execute plans. You will be dependent on other activities as well as being depended upon, and will need to successfully handle transactions in both directions. You will look after early product delivery and cooperation with lead partners, eventually delivering a high-quality product to a broader selection of partners and then on to mass market.
In this role, it is important that you perform as a great team member, providing leadership to our talented engineering teams, working alongside Product Managers and Technical Leads. Reporting to the Head of Programs, you will work across geographical and cultural boundaries, and be expected to travel regularly to other Arm sites and to visit customers, partners & suppliers.
What will I be accountable for?
* Leading and delivering the Linux project, in close collaboration with the Product Manager and Technical Lead to balance product capabilities, product quality, delivery timescale and budget.
* Working with the Product Manager and Architect to establish a clear & prioritized product roadmap & requirements
* Building and maintaining a credible top-level project plan to deliver the roadmap, spanning multiple teams & functions
* Aligning stakeholders and inter-dependencies
* Leading and organizing project execution to fulfill the plan
* Work creatively and actively to solve problems, resolve issues and minimise risks
* Defining meaningful metrics to measure delivery progress and engineering efficiency, followed by developing responses to improve performance
* Monitoring and reporting project progress compared to the plan
* Delivering the commitments and benefits promised in the plan
* Overseeing the process of making the product available to a community of developers, partners and customers
* Adopting and improving business assurance processes
* Promoting a healthy engineering culture for developing quality products, enabling innovation and ensuring continuous improvement
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
* You have a degree or equivalent, preferably in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
* You have industry experience of successfully delivering complex software projects in a changing environment, building real products for real customers
* You are familiar with team agile and scaled agile methodologies such as Scrum and SAFe
* You are proficient at building project plans in a timely manner
* You are skilled at identifying, tracking and fulfilling dependencies between engineering teams
* You possess effective communication & presentation skills, enabling you to liaise with stakeholders, and to quickly establish positive relationships
* You are confident engaging with partners & customer, and motivated to define and deliver the right solution to achieve their adoption of your product
* You demonstrate strong leadership skills, engaging and motivating engineering teams
* You love working in a team, and have a committed attitude in driving issues through to conclusion
* You have experience working across multiple time zones with frequent travel and within a multicultural environment
* You understand the need to promote effective software development practices to track and ensure product quality and on-time delivery
* You are comfortable with software configuration control methods, versioning and documentation tools
Desirable Skills and Experience
* You have extensive industry experience in embedded software development
* You are competent with tools such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Github and Microsoft Project
* You have had exposure to Internet of Things and Cloud service technologies
* You have an understanding of embedded Linux architecture, including containers, and a knowledge software development tools likely to include Yocto/OpenEmbedded
* You have worked within Open Source communities, and understand the challenges around distributed source management
* You have collaborated with legal professionals to identify and resolve intellectual property, patent and export control challenges
* You have excellent written and spoken English skills
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road