24 days ago
What is the purpose of this role?
* This person will supervise the delivery of lineside civils scope for Track and Electrification Team on the Transpire Alliance. They will assist the Lineside civils Construction Manager in delivering allocated contract safely in accordance with legislation and Amey procedures to contract specification and programme, while effectively supervising and delivering the approved construction programmes to the agreed resource and cost plans.
What will this role involve?
* To lead and supervise lineside civils construction activities for their team.
* To monitor and improve / develop competence of the delivery team.
* Monitor site behaviour/activities within team, challenge, educate and report findings
* Responsible for the submission of accurate site records to enable effective monitoring of programme and cost plans as requested to agreed format as applicable.
* Attendance to routine lineside civils team meetings.
* Ensure that toolbox talks, task briefs and COSS briefs are carried out for all work tasks prior to commencement of work for allocated contracts.
* Ensure that all allocated tasks are undertaken in accordance with the planned safe method of working.
* Responsible for identifying and requesting required site deliverables, timely returns of goods receipts notices.
* Responsible for identifying and request of site plant, including security and timely off hire, timely return of receipt notices.
* Supervise sub-contractors, contract staff and direct labour for allocated site activities.
* The role is one of site supervision and based generally in a site environment. It is a requirement of the role to attend site on a regular basis (including night time working and weekend hours).
* To actively participate in, and engage with, external (e.g. ORR, Client) and internal (e.g. Amey and Transpire) audits.
What does this role require?
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Training:
* Satisfy requirements of PTS medical.
* Project Induction
* Acceptance of Sponsorship
* PTS Working Near or Adjacent to AC Lines
* IOSH safety qualification (or equivalent)
* The right attitude to safety, engineering compliance, and collaborative behaviour
* This post requires an energetic, self-managed individual who can lead a team and has the technical knowledge to ensure compliance with all relevant standards and requirements.
* Line Blockage Briefing
* Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
* Supervision of Lineside Civils Works
* Track Induction
* In addition:
* General signalling, E&P, M&E knowledge and experience
* Construction experience on large projects
* Knowledge and experience of planning and implementing works in a wide range of circumstances and environments
* Computer literate
* Knowledge and understanding of Network Rail Track Standards
* Valid UK driving license
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Training:
* Temporary Works (to be trained within 6 months if currently do not have training and experience)
* Locally based
* Construction delivery experience
* Multi-disciplinary project experience
* Emergency First Aid
* Understanding of railway planning systems
About TRU West
The Transpennine Route is a major transport artery for the UK and for the communities and economies across the north of England. It runs for 76 miles between Manchester, Leeds, York, Selby and onto Humberside. It’s a hugely popular route and passenger numbers have doubled over the past 25 years. Millions of people that work, study and live alongside the railway depend on it every year.
The Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU) is a multi-billion pound investment programme that will deliver a high performing, reliable railway for passengers with more seats, more trains and faster journeys between Manchester and York via Huddersfield and Leeds. It is the biggest railway transformation the north has seen since the Victorian era.
TRU is made up of three programmes: West of Leeds, Leeds Central and East of Leeds. The West of Leeds Alliance (TRU West) is responsible for the transformation of the railway between Manchester and Leeds.
Acting as one team, the TRU West Alliance will put passengers first and deliver a positive outcome for all involved: for the team, which will gain unparalleled experience; for people that live, work and study along the railway; for Network Rail’s customers and stakeholders; for the public purse and ultimately, for the North of England. In this way, the TRU West Alliance will not only deliver present benefit but also leave a lasting, sustainable legacy.
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.