about 1 year ago
We are pioneers of forward thinking design and technical excellence. We're a big business and we never forget that vital to our success is the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our Customers.
An opportunity has arisen for a Lift Service Engineer to join our Gateshead Branch, covering North and North East of England
We are looking for someone who has an NVQ Level 3 Qualification or equivalent (J Modules) with 3+ year’s experience and ideally based wihtin 1 hour of Gateshead to the North
The ideal candidate must be comfortable driving (a full driving license will be required) and working on their own with minimum supervision. They must have good customer service skills as you will be dealing with different personalities so must be respectful at all times. They will need to be flexible in their working hours and one week in four is on call out duty. They will need to have some computer knowledge as we work a remote engineering system, where all jobs are on a mobile worksheet application on a tablet
* You will work throughout your designated area, but will also assist our Engineers in other areas covered by the branch, as and when required to do so.
* Attend maintenance and call out visits on stairlifts, some of which may not be Stannah products.
* Carry out minor repair work.
* Participate in our 24 hr call out rota covering the whole of our central region.
* You will be expected to manage your own service route with the minimum of supervision, in line with service productivity targets.
* NVQ level 3 or equivalent is preferable, but training towards this qualification will be provided.
* Proven experience in the maintenance and minor repair on a range of electrical, mechanical or electronic equipment, in the customer’s environment.
* Some experience of computer or PDA use is essential, as you will be required to use a mobile comms unit to log all calls and access customer and equipment information.