28 days ago
Legal Contracts Manager
An opportunity has arisen for a legal practitioner to join our Legal and Commercial team in Abingdon. This role will see you providing commercial and contractual support to the Consulting UK/I division. As Legal Contracts Manager, you will report to the Consulting UK/I Legal Counsel. The role will involve working directly with businesses and offices within the UK and Republic of Ireland on contractual and related legal matters. This is a practical hands-on role that will require the development of effective relationships within a people based multi-disciplinary consulting organisation. Ad-hoc travel to UK/I offices may be required (sporadic).
* Complete contract reviews, passing more complex legal queries to the Legal Counsel for final review
* Assist the Legal Counsel in providing guidance on all contract matters to technical staff
* Identify commercial and contractual risks
* Ensure that robust processes are in place throughout the business for the review and negotiation of commercial contracts and consideration of commercial issues; confidence to make suggestions for continuous improvement of processes in place inline with ever-changing business needs
* Ensure that correct review processes and corporate governance guidelines have been followed and documentation completed prior to presentation of contracts for signature at the appropriate level
* Provide advice to businesses on the meaning and interpretation of contractual terms and to advise on contractual amendments to mitigate risk
* Provide general commercial advice and assist the business with the commercial considerations on projects
* Draft, evaluate and negotiate international contracts and tender documentation including Master Services Agreements, project agreements and subcontract agreements
Skills, experience and qualifications required
* Degree qualified in Law
* Thorough understanding of contract fundamentals, compliance, administration and commercial contracting
* Previous consultancy experience, coupled with built and natural environment industry exposure would be advantageous
* Construction Act knowledge would be distinctly advantageous (including any contentious construction law experience)
* Significant skills in reviewing of contracts, subcontracts, amendments, variations and SOWs
* Experience of bid management and different procurement routes to market, reviewing legal terms and conditions under tight deadlines and responding to ITT’s, RFP’s etc in a timely manner
* Good interpersonal and team working style
* Planning and organisational abilities, able to prioritise workload accordingly and work independently
* Pragmatic, solutions focussed approach
* Confidence to interact with Senior Management.
What we offer you
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects across the UK.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits.
Who we are
Founded in 1970, RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,000 consultants and service providers. Operating in 125 countries across six continents we define, design and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
We work across six sectors: property, energy, transport, water, resources, defence and government services. Our services span twelve clusters: project and program management; design and development; water services; environment; advisory and management consulting; exploration and development; planning and approvals; health, safety and risk; oceans and coastal; laboratories; training and communication and creative services.
We stand out for our clients by using deep expertise to solve problems that matter, making them easy to understand and by being easy to work with.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Mindful that a truly inclusive organization must make appropriate use of talent on a global basis and without unnecessary barriers, we are committed to embedding diversity and inclusion principles in all People processes in order to be as diverse as the communities and clients we work with, thereby securing, developing, and retaining the best available talent for the company’s future.
Our approach to Diversity and inclusion
Our people live our purpose, deliver our promise, and demonstrate our behaviours every day. Our behaviours define who we are. Developed by our people, they underpin everything that we do. They create the memorable experiences we are known for and make RPS a great place to do great work.
‘Stronger Together’ is one of our five core behaviours and it is inherent in creating an inclusive workplace:
‘We are respectful, acknowledge diversity, and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. We bring out the best in one another, always assuming best intent. People who learn and grow thrive in our business, sharing in our success.’
We have a Preferred Supplier List of trusted partners to assist us when required and do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies not on this list. Please refer to the careers page on our website if you require any further information.