15 days ago
Lead Wind Turbine Technician
EDF Renewables. Building a sustainable future through wind power and other renewable technologies, in partnership with local communities.
Lead Wind Turbine Technician, Fallago Rig, Competitive Salary & Benefits.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Wind Turbine Technician to join our Fallago Rig team and we would welcome applications from experienced Wind Turbine Technicians ideally with knowledge of Vestas Wind Turbines, to join us during a period of growth. Reporting to your regional Area Manager, you will oversee our two wind farms in the Scottish Borders, Fallago Rig (V90 3.0MW) and Barmoor (V90 2.0MW). You will be expected to deliver scheduled and unscheduled maintenance services in accordance with manufacturers guidelines.
The position is based at Fallago Rig wind farm (TD3 6NW) and we are looking for a candidate that lives within 45min from the site entrance.
EDF Energy Renewables (“EDF ER”) is a 50/50 JV between EDF Energy (“EDF E”) and EDF Energies Nouvelles (“EDF EN”) (together the “ Shareholders”). EDF ER has the task of delivering the Shareholders’ strategic renewable energy objectives in the UK. Hence, EDF ER is responsible for developing, constructing, and operating the shareholders renewable assets in the UK. EDF ER currently operates 300MW (21 wind farms), and an additional 224MW of wind farms which are currently in construction including the 62MW Teesside offshore wind farm. In addition, EDF ER has developed a large portfolio which can deliver between 50 and 100 MW a year from 2012 onwards. To complement its business, EDF ER seeks opportunities of securing new acquisitions of projects or portfolios capable of delivering growth and value to its Shareholders.
Day to day:
* Supervising small team of wind turbine technicians.
* Scheduled service in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines
* Reporting and planning maintenance activity.
* Managing spare part and consumable stock.
* Faultfinding, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair on all turbine systems, which will include mechanical, electrical and hydraulic assemblies and major components.
* Proactive repair or component replacement to prevent complete failure or system downtime.
* Supervising specialist and subcontractor activity during main component exchange.
* Complying with all health and safety requirements including the WTSR.
* Providing out of hours and weekend response to turbine breakdown.
* Ensuring the highest level of turbine availability
We are looking for a strong safety-minded person with excellent analytical thinking. This role requires a strong sense of planning and organisation and an ability to communicate and pass on technical knowledge.
Equally important is a genuine enjoyment and enthusiasm for working in the field.
If you match this profile we’d love to hear from you.
* Qualification in electrical and/or mechanical disciplines to NVQ3 level (or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience). Knowledge of Vestas WTG’s & documentation would be an advantage.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* High level of physical fitness and good health.
* Ability to work at height and in adverse weather conditions.
* Excellent understanding of health and safety.
* Previous accreditation as AT/AE under WTSR.
* High motivation and a flexible and enthusiastic approach to working in a small team.
* Good level of computer literacy.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
Although these roles are advertised on a full-time basis as standard, flexible working arrangements will be considered.
Why EDF Renewables?
EDF Renewables is part of one of the world’s largest electricity companies and our investment and innovation in the UK is bringing down costs for consumers and bringing significant benefits for communities.
With our operational portfolio of 36 wind farms – including two offshore wind farms – and one of the largest operational battery storage units in Europe, from the Scottish Highlands to Northamptonshire, we are providing some of the much needed new affordable, low carbon electricity to the UK.
Work is well underway on the 450 MW Neart Na Gaoithe offshore wind farm project which is in the Firth of Forth and we’ve extended our Edinburgh office to accommodate around 60 new team members.
We have more than 2 GW of renewables projects in planning and development and a quarter of those are consented. We also have offices in Rainton Bridge near Durham and in London.
We know our people are our most valuable asset and we work hard to create a great place to work. This means we’re focused on creating an inclusive and fulfilling working environment, where everyone has a voice and the opportunity to thrive.