8 months ago
Role Title and Location: Lead Systems Engineer – EMADS Functional Chain- Bristol
Job Ref No: P7389
Directorate: Systems & Missile Design - Weapon Systems Architecture & Equipment
MBDA Level of role: Level 5
Reports to: Head of EMADS New Business
What’s the opportunity?
The role is to deliverthe Command & Control sub-system for an Export Customer to supportDemonstration & Manufacture contract and the UK work-share within the EMADS programme, managing the overall delivery of the BMC4I, coordinating the requirement definition and subsequent software, algorithm, hardware delivery and integration to satisfy project milestones and demonstration events/activities.
What will you be doing?
Responsible for the coordination and delivery of all functional aspects of theExport Bid and Joint Venture engagement:
* Agreement of Functional and Software Architecture and interfacing strategies
* Generation and agreement of Functional and Software Transfer of Technology packages and strategy
What are the benefits for you?
* The role provides the opportunity to lead a team on a flagship export programme for MBDA, deliveringnew capability to the Customer and provide, through cooperation with the international MBDA, the future foundation for export in the ground based air defence market.
* You will have exposure of ahighly innovative product and a challenging programme that requires the implementation of a ‘rapid delivery’ culture, process and methodology. You will be leading a team to deliver the command and control sub-system, which is the heart of the weapon system, together with the other sub-systems that make up the BMC4I capability. Through working on the programme in this role the role holder can expect to further developtheir people and technical management skills and experience of working with the customer and in an international context. The role provides a good opportunity to develop the skills and experience required for a project Chief Engineer.
What’s great about joining this team?
* The role holder will join an existing international team that is in deep in the design and development stage of the programme, so there is the opportunity for the role holder to help shape the team and the export programme and get experience delivering the products into service. The project is an exciting opportunity for the company and there is excellent team morale and a culture of mutual support across a number of functional departments and international teams.
* The EMADS programme needs to deliver an in-service capability to the export customer, wherethe programme will look to establish a transfer of technology as part of the joint ventureand to lay a foundation for future export programmes.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
* Systems engineering background
* Very good written and verbal communication skills
* Team Player, capable of working jointly with others from various disciplines to reach a consensus agreement.
* Pro-active / self-starter
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills to with external customer stakeholders and internal sub-system teams.
* Able to motivate and influence the wider systems, sub-systems and supporting teams within MBDA and external industrial stakeholders
* Complex problem solving skills
Why you should come and work at MBDA
* MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States.
* With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base.
* Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career.
* Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards.
What you would get
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).