5 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
This role supports the execution of engineering activities related to the System Control and Protection Team within the Controls department. You will be part of a team who define the HVDC control & protection strategies & Sequencing specifications incl Dynamic Performance Studies & Protection Coordination Studies. The team provides guidance and support to Software Design/implementation, Software Validation and FST/FAT Validation and HMI teams as well as the external GE suppliers
• Be actively involved in new developments in HVDC technologies, implementing control and protection solutions and creating / delivering new analysis techniques and system study tools in order to provide optimized system study solutions.
• Analyse, define and communicate all technical documentation and internal standards related to requirements for systems in order to ensure the required level of technical knowledge within the business unit.
• Propose improvements, prescribe, plan and control the system activities in order to satisfy future customer needs.
• Represent the business in external events by publishing technical papers
• Comply with Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes in ebook and on site
• Apply yourself towards improving your technical knowledge base and keep abreast of relevant methodologies and technological advancement within the Company.
• Engineering degree or equivalent including power systems and power electronics subjects or proven equivalent knowledge and experience in HVDC System Verification.
• Strong Understanding of functional characteristics of power system and strong knowledge of control and protection strategy for HVDC
• Strong Knowledge in the Line Commutation Converters (LCC) and Voltage source Converters(VSC)
• Strong Knowledge in PSCAD/RSCAD Dynamic Performance Studies
• Strong Knowledgeable and experienced in the standards and practical application of HVDC aspects
• Strong Problem Solving skills during FST/FAT or any site tripping events
• Strong Leadership skills to deliver the tasks on schedule in a high-quality standard including provide supervision to engineers
• Strong Knowledge of system tools like MATCAD, PSCAD, PSS/E, RSCAD and MATLAB etc.
• Strong Understanding of interactions between HVDC systems the AC network with detailed
• Strong Experience in the area of RSCAD/PSCAD AC & DC protection co-ordination studies
• Strong Knowledge of HVDC station equipment.
• Strong level of communication skills, both written and verbal, and experienced in creating and presenting technical reports;
• Strong Experience in developing and managing client relationships
Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to work independently and collaboratively across the various departments
Strong problem solving skills
Locations: United Kingdom; Stafford
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.