12 months ago
Lead Structural Engineer
Requisition ID :2019-67897
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Structural Engineering
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Staff Lead Structural Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Contribute to the delivery of Engineering excellence through:
* Managing and leading teams.
* Providing discipline expertise to the business including Technical Authority responsibility where assigned.
* Executing assigned scopes of work.
* In conjunction with the Discipline Focal Point / Head of Discipline, manages succession planning for direct reports.
* Provides coaching and mentoring for direct reports.
* Actively supports recruitment, selection, transfers and promotion of resources to meet succession and business plans.
* Support the development and retention of motivated and competent people.
* Ensures competence of deputies.
* Manages performance of direct reports.
* Continuous promotion of, and adherence to, the discipline specific procedures and providing feedback for continuous improvement.
* Support the development and delivery of the technical assurance framework.
* Monitor compliance with competence standards.
* Participate in incident investigations as required.
* Represent Wood ALCS East discipline in the contract.
* Set performance expectations for direct reports.
* Deputising for Focal Point / Head of Discipline as required.
* Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports / respective team.
* Executing assigned business objectives.
* Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities.
* Manage and direct resources efficiently and effectively.
* Perform the role of Technical Authority when appointed to do so.Actively maintaining own competence and continuous development.Provide discipline support to the business.
Skills / Qualifications
MSc, MEng or equivalent professional qualification or BSc, BEng or equivalent with extensive relevant experience.
Chartered Engineer or recognised equivalent
Demonstrable balance of industrial and management experience at relevant level and position.
* Intellectually capable, can substantiate the ability to apply theory in a practical context
* Professional demeanour, interpersonal skills.
* Able to demonstrate a level of team working skills.
* Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn.
* Flexible with a can-do attitude.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.