4 months ago
* Employee status: Permanent
* Closing date: Ongoing
* Reference number: 43423
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Tech Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
- Coach the development and test chapters on best practices
- Champion the drive to deliver quality software
- Coach Test Managers across several tribes to build quality in early
- Create and promote the testing strategy to guide the principles and practices of testing at Sky
- Identify areas within the business where quality can be improved. Coach testers and developers on these areas to increase quality standards
- Deliver workshops on areas where skills can be improved in relation to quality within Sky
- Work with the Architecture and Engineering team to guide test strategy for multiple platforms
- Work with the engineering team to create frameworks to support non-functional testing requirements. Coaching the tribes to integrate non-functional frameworks into the CD pipeline
- Experience in coaching and mentoring people and teams
- Enthusiasm for the delivery of quality software and the ability to encourage others to follow
- Understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, continuous delivery and branching strategies
- Knowledge of systems patterns (APIs, microservices, single-page-applications, cloud services, caching & CDNs)
- Some experience with non-functional testing and the ability to choose and create frameworks
- Awareness of mobile app technologies (iOS & Android) and their ecosystem
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about