6 months ago
AutoReq ID 131553BR
Job Title Lead Software Engineer - Financial Services
Country United Kingdom
Function Management Consulting
Service Line MC Technology
Service Line Information In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In IT Advisory we leverage technology to help achieve clients' business strategy and help deliver sustainable business benefits.
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Technology is now driving innovation across every industry and changing at a rapid pace. For businesses these changes present new opportunities but also bring challenges to the increased complexity of change involved. Within KPMG’s Technology Consulting business, we leverage technology to help achieve clients' business strategy and help deliver sustainable business benefits.
In particular, in our Financial Services Technology Enablement practice we help our Banking (retail, corporate and investment banking) & Insurance clients to build and manage large–scale, multi–country, complex, technology–enabled business transformation programmes. We drive this transformation through the adoption of Cloud based technologies and have strategic relationships with Amazon, Google, Microsoft and IBM to name a few.
In our Financial Services DevOps capability within the Financial Services Technology Enablement practice, we develop and manage cloud based solutions for our clients. As an integral member of DevOps capability you will be working with a talented mix of product managers, solution/cloud architects, cloud engineers, software engineers, test automation engineers & site reliability engineers to plan, build, deliver and manage products & solutions. Solutions are always client issue led and can vary in size and range from automated client onboarding, online banking to predictive analytics.
Thanks to our ambitious growth plans for the team in adopting a product and services based approach to delivering our solutions, your future here is something to get excited about. As a valued member of the team, you’ll be expected to keep up to date with the tech field and we will gladly sponsor certifications and training courses.
We welcome software engineers with experience in cloud environments who are happy to bring their experiences on board and add another dimension to our solutions. As part of our rigorous recruitment process, we’ll thoroughly test your ability to code and design scalable systems with peerless precision, quality and clarity. To make you the best you can be, we would like you to have:
- A never ending appetite for technology and driving best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm
- Desire to work closely with a multi-disciplined team of technology directors & product managers, solution/cloud architects, cloud engineers, test automation engineers & site reliability engineers
- Passionate about their work and committed to helping the team improve
- Passion for developing solutions that solve client problems
- Depth of experience in an object oriented language (C#, Java, Python)
- Experience and interest in other languages and paradigms
- Solution development and delivery into at least one cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience using containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with RESTful APIs and microservices best practice
- Experience of ORMs (Entity Framework, Hibernate)
- Worked in and Agile and XP methodology environment (Scrum, pair-programming)
- Utilised SOLID code design and conducted design and code reviews
- Applied a BDD/TDD approach in everything everywhere
- Advanced ANSI SQL scripting capability (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server)
- Experience with NoSQL solutions (AWS DynamoDB, Azure Cosmos DB, CouchDB, Cassandra, Redis)
- Applied secure software development principles in line with standard Information Security frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins/TeamCity, Terraform, Octopus)
Desirable experience and skills
- Experience of integration with logging/monitoring tools (CloudWatch, DataDog, LogStash, StackDriver Monitoring, AppInsights, New Relic, Raygun.io)
- Source control (git)
- Knowledge of test automation frameworks
- Good knowledge and understanding of blue/green deployment and A/B testing
- Knowledge of event based architectures
- Knowledge of Data Warehouses, Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
Our Deal If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Developer, Consulting, Financial, Java, Management Consulting, Technology, Finance, Management