8 months ago
Are you interested in delivering scalable, high performance, fault tolerant solutions? We are building a next generation platform to support the most demanding mission-critical customer requirements. Utilising cloud technologies, it will operate at scale to provide a secure, distributed multi-tenant system.
We are looking for a strong software engineer to take on the challenge of engineering infrastructure solutions for scale and performance while providing strong guarantees of availability to our customers. You will build tools to address hard operational problems while enabling our service developers to remain agile and deliver feature changes. You will deliver the solutions that directly contribute to our customer’s success.
Architect, design, implement, support and troubleshoot cloud based systems including databases, applications, tools, networks etc. Provide technical leadership to software developers and other supporting functions. Identify and propose new software architectures for strategic developments to support changing business needs. Interface with other business teams to ensure the environment is secure, compliant and available. Connect with peer groups in other GE businesses as well as monitor market developments and provide updates to the software team on a regular basis.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and/or supervise lower level personnel. Qualifications would include BSc or MSc degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area with 2 years of practical experience in cloud systems engineering.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science (or equivalent).
- 4+ years (SW) industry experience.
- 2+ years of cloud systems experience.
- Proficient in coding complex systems using object orientated coding languages; practical experience in cloud environments (AWS or similar)
- Experience with both Linux and Windows environments
- Technical and project leadership skills. Ability to effectively provide direction and training to other engineers, plan and prioritise own and others tasks.
- Knowledge of or experience with microservice architectures
- Knowledge of or experience with building secure Internet facing systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong experience in OO software design and coding, such like Java, C/C++, etc.
- Experience in any or all of the following: RDMBS, Python and Container technologies such as Docker helpful
- Experience with big data technologies such as NoSQL databases, Hadoop, Spark etc.
- 7+ years (SW) industry experience and 4+ years of cloud systems experience.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Locations: United Kingdom; Cramlington