9 months ago
Lead Software Engineer
We are looking for a Lead Developer, with experience of leading large scale teams as an inspirational mentor and coach. The successful candidate will have a strong background in designing, architecting and developing highly transactional and scalable digital solutions (mobile, web, e-commerce, b2b and b2c). You will be an expert in Agile, and modern engineering best practices e.g. Scrum, kanban, lean, XP, coding standards, code refactoring, code performance, continuous delivery/integration and test automation. In-depth knowledge of full-stack development experience, ranging from frontend, backend, databases, API’s, network, platforms, cloud, DevOps and continuous delivery tooling is required.
In the role you will:
- Work with architects to be break down high level requirements into low level delivery user stories ready for scrum teams to work on
- Challenge output from client Product Teams to meet delivery scope and timelines
- Define, evolve and innovate the engineering strategy
- Produce specifications on cross-cutting concerns (e.g. logging, auditing, transaction tracing)
- Provide technical leadership upto 6 scrums teams
- Deep dive into critical issues in the codebase and being familiar with profiling tools (e.g. AppDynamics, Sysdig)
- 8 years + development experience (Java / .Net)
- Led at least 4 delivery teams
- Cloud (AWS / Azure)
- Experienced with reporting into client PM and lead architects
- Delivery management experience
Nice to have
- Containeerisation (e.g Docker)
About PA Consulting Group
PA Consulting Group is a leading management, systems and technology consulting firm. Employee-owned, award-winning, independent, highly successful, global, and ambitious for further growth - PA is a different kind of consulting firm. We look to hire exceptional people and provide them with opportunities that they will not find elsewhere. We are looking for opinion-formers, people who prize a culture based on respect, collaboration, and new ideas, and who have a passion for delivering solutions to the most complex and challenging issues affecting business and government. PA offers a career in consulting, not just a job; a stake in our firm; and an environment where individuals and ideas matter.
We recognise that diversity is strength and that the differences between people add value to our organisation. PA Consulting Group is committed to equality and diversity and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of sex, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion or age.