4 months ago
At Solutions & Digital we help KPMG and hundreds of other organisations around the world to envision and build digital products that empower their employees and serve their customers — all with people, business and technology in mind.
We are human-centred technology advocates, analysts, designers and engineers. Whether we're creating new products or helping a business become more relevant to its customers, people in Solutions & Digital are creators at heart. We find gaps, develop hypotheses, and build beautiful ecosystems, inspiring our clients to push the boundaries of what’s possible. From a junior researcher to the head of development we possess a clear vision of the future and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking solutions that solve today’s challenges for a better tomorrow.
You’ll be embedded in the Product Engineering team and work in multidisciplinary product squads, to carry out comprehensive quality assurance testing for our products.
We are looking for an experienced, innovative and results-oriented Lead QA Engineer with a passion for quality assurance and who constantly strives to drive efficiency without compromising on quality.
You’ll be obsessed with taking an automation-first approach to the QA process and be able to make use of the latest automation tools and frameworks to build pipelines which support continuous testing.
- Ensuring that QA strategy and approach is understood and followed by the team.
- Implementing a well-structured approach to test defect management and risk management.
- Delivering to time, cost, and quality consistently across several projects in parallel.
- Engaging and communicating with stakeholders across the engineering teams, escalating and articulating critical risks as required.
- Be an advocate for agile practices and for operating mixed capability product squads, promoting a culture where the responsibility for product quality lies with the entire engineering team.
- Provide input into shaping the wider Engineering team technology roadmap and ways of working, specifically around driving quality and an automation-first culture.
- Effectively negotiate requirements and timescales.
- Take technical responsibility for your solutions and manage technical/ delivery risk.
- Performance management and mentoring junior team members.
You’ll be able to demonstrate in-depth experience and develop your technical skills across most of the following areas:
- Agile test management using tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Providing leadership and technical expertise within quality assurance and test automation.
- Supporting the team in automation testing and in selecting and implementing appropriate test tools.
- Test automation with tools such as Cypress, Katalon.
- Hands on using AWS, Azure or GCP (Storage, Application Services, Deployment).
- Hands on experience using Git/bitbucket or other source control software.
- Experience with code reviews and providing feedback to more junior team members.
- Building test frameworks from scratch for functional UI (Cypress) and API testing (Postman / Newman)
- Experience with application and infrastructure monitoring tools such as Azure Appinsights / AWS Cloudwatch.
- Building test frameworks from scratch for carrying out performance testing.
- Building test pipelines using continuous integration tools like Jenkins / TeamCity.
- Cross platform, cross browser testing using technologies such as BrowserStack.
Expected role behaviors and team responsibilities:
- Design and execute a wide range of functional testing techniques and raise defects.
- Design, implement, maintain and enhance functional test automation frameworks for complex products.
- Design, implement, maintain and enhance mobile test automation frameworks.
- Design performance testing strategy and execute performance testing.
- Design and implement accessibility test strategy.
- Contribute to security test strategy and apply tooling to uncover defects.
- Build a QA technology roadmap for a complex project or product.
- Using application and infrastructure monitoring to debug bugs.
- Support bids and proposals with technical input and estimation. Role Location: London \\ Manchester \\ Leeds but note that the role will be WFH in the first instance
Embedded, QA, Quality Assurance, Risk Management, Technology, Quality, Finance, Research