8 months ago
Job Title: Lead QA Engineer
Service Line: Technology & Engineering
Req ID – 147397BR
You will be embedded in the Product Engineering team and work in multidisciplinary product squads, to carry out comprehensive quality assurance testing for our products.
We are looking for an experienced, innovative and results-oriented Lead QA Engineer with a passion for quality assurance and who constantly strives to drive efficiency without compromising on quality.
You will be obsessed with taking an automation-first approach to the QA process and make use of the latest automation tools and frameworks to build pipelines which support continuous testing.
The Role & Responsibilities
Expected role behaviours and team responsibilities:
• A track record defining, documenting and executing the software test strategy for your projects. You should possess the ability to apply a number of functional testing techniques relevant on the solution.
• Proven experience of security test strategy and apply tooling to uncover defects. Experience working with security teams to understand and resolve issues is also beneficial.
• Proven experience in building a QA technology roadmap for a complex project or product. You will work closely with the development team to maximise test coverage and promote best practices.
• Support the team on bids and proposals with your technical input and expertise
• Advocate best practices, promoting a culture where the responsibility for quality lies with the entire team.
• Provide input into shaping the wider Engineering team technology roadmap and ways of working, specifically around driving quality and an automation-first culture.
• Proactively manage the teams you work in; you will need to estimate requirements and manage project deadlines, identify the right people for the job at hand.
• Take responsibility for the work we undertake; you should be comfortable raising risks with stakeholders and addressing these issues to drive quality.
• Provide support and opportunities; you should be comfortable mentoring junior team members and look for opportunities to help them learn and grow.
• Experience of Agile Scrum, Kanban, behavioural-driven development (BDD), and continuous integration
• Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to tailor communication both to business and technical audiences.
The skills, qualifications and experience required for the job:
• Proven experience of Automation Test tooling and processes – such as Selenium, SpecFlow, Cypress, Protractor and Katalon
• Proven experience of cross platform, cross browser testing using technologies such as BrowserStack
• Proven experience working with mobile test automation frameworks such as XCUnit, Espresso or Appium
• Proven working knowledge of at least one CI tool like TeamCity or Jenkins; you will be looking to automate processes
• Proven working experience with parallel test execution and containerisation technologies such as Docker
• Proven performance testing experience using tools like JMeter and BlazeMeter
• Proven working experience with at least one OOP language. C# and Java are our primary languages.
• Proven experience with source code management (preferable git) in a team environment
• Proven experience with accessibility tools such as JAWS or WAVE and knowledge of WGAG
• Proven experience of common security issues, including OWASP top 10 and how they apply to web and mobile development
Opening Data for Applications: 19/9/2019
Closing Date for Application: 18/10/2019
Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits
Multiple roles available
Embedded, QA, Quality Assurance, Testing, Java, Technology, Quality