5 months ago
This posting is for the position of planner and coordinator for BHGE Subsea Production Systems and Services business in charge of planning a large subsea project and support wider project management activities and will be accountable for the schedule quality and project on-time delivery. The position reports to the planning leader. The selected candidate will go through an extensive training to reach cross product line planning expertise.
* Schedule management: The planner is in charge of the overall project schedule management ensuring its quality (logic, clarity) and accuracy (update of dates, reflexion of the scope of supply).
* Coordination: the planner will be collaborating with the other planners (product line planner & engineering planners) allocated to the projectas well as with the execution functions (engineering, procurement, manufacturing)to ensure overall quality and accuracy of the schedule.
* Project management support: The planner is the right hand man/woman of the project manager and as such will provide him/her visibility on i) look ahead of tasks to be performed in the 3 –6 weeks ii) risks in schedules and mitigation actions iii) opportunities in the schedule. The planner will provide relevant reports to project management to ensure the Project Manager has all the tools required to make the right decisions driving on time and on budget project execution.
* Support with customer: the planner will interact with the customer to provide update on schedule as well as explain the current situation / challenges / opportunities.
* Implementation of the integrated project planning initiative: the planner will adhere to the approved processes and proactively drive implementation of new initiatives leading to fully integrated planning.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with proven experience in Project Management).
* Also, proven experience in Project Planning. Expertise in use of the Primavera P6 planning tool.
* Additional knowledge of MRP is required.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Clear thinking: Ability to understand the status of a project and link the schedule to the reality of the execution. The planner will quickly understand the risks and opportunities in the schedule, identify and drive appropriate actions.
* Expertise: Strong expertise in planning of a large project as well as use of the Primavera P6 planning tool.
* Motivation and work ethic: High energy and motivation to deliver against and beyond expectations, making the difference in the position.
* Leadership & Inclusiveness: The planner will collaborate with a team of planners as well as interact with a large panel of individuals contributing to the performance of the project. As such strong leadership and great interpersonal skills are required
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: United Kingdom; Nailsea
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.